what else do i need to slap 2.5" springs on my 2 door

mcgee149

Picked up some 2.5" rk springs front and rear and was lookin for some advice on what else i need to slap these bad boys on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You might want longer shocks to match, brake line extension brackets or longer lines, longer rear sway bar links, rear track bar relocation bracket and front adjustable front track bar. Not all this is needed but, it will help address the changes your Jeep will see.

mcgee149

thank you. i have shocks already. do i need to do lower control? i wheel alot and dont wanna take the cheap route if i cant wheel once or twice with the cheap stuff while saving for control arms all around and, track bars.

seanb123

Track bar is not to crucial if your jeeps aligned right and all the geometry is good but if your just adding the springs and not aligning it and not getting control arms the track bar will make a big difference and you might see some DW without a better track bar

JK1

the guy had them on for a week.(4 door) they look brand new.

not for certian but you are gonna get a lot of lift off a 2.5 spring for a four door if you install it on a two door... i have 3.5 on my four door and it nets a little over 4" i would guess your going to net 3.5+ on those springs... I could be wrong but you just might want to check...

mcgee149

i dont know if rock krawler has springs for both two and four door, but the guy said he wanted more lift and just put a differnt set of 2.5" springs on his four door. i have stock four door springs on right now and the jeep works great just looking to get rid of the 3/4" puck and and gain a lil more clearance.

seanb123

Rock krawler doesn't differentiate their 2 and 4 dr lifts like the other guy I got more lift then stated I have the 2.5 and got at least 3-3.5 keep that and mind. Also if you want ground clearance easiest way is to get the axels higher then they are with bigger tires lol

mcgee149

Well im running 35s and after they are beat I will go to a 37 if I get 3.5" out of the springs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

bob-o12jk

Banned
Heres the rk 2.5 on 37'' km2's
In this first pic below, you can see that it flexes so much that the rubber boot got pulled off the right front shock body. They are bilsteins for a 4" lift up front and lower spring retainers
1369939969430.jpg 1369939988674.jpg 1369940006318.jpg 1369940021926.jpg 1369940033777.jpg

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

mcgee149

well guys i got them on and she is sitting about 3" looks good. i just need to do brake lines here before to long. then rear upper and lower control armsto give me a lil more wheel base.:brows:

RockyJk

well guys i got them on and she is sitting about 3" looks good. i just need to do brake lines here before to long. then rear upper and lower control armsto give me a lil more wheel base.:brows:

Let's see a pic :thumbup:

mcgee149

so i had shocks 5100s i did the sway bar links, track bar bracket, rear brake line extensions and i already had bump stops on her, so break lines will be gettin ordered sat. im kinda thinkin about a three link....

Top Bottom