What did Brown Santa show up with today..

Stick

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457455751.089643.jpg
ATX Chamber Pro IIs & EVO Mfg Enforcer Pro Stage 1 lift kit, still need a few more things before install

Stick

It's the black wheel with the polished ring, can't wait to put them on. The only downside is I'll have to mount the tires myself.

Ddays

Hooked
It's the black wheel with the polished ring, can't wait to put them on. The only downside is I'll have to mount the tires myself.

Those are gonna look nice! Make sure you watch Mel's video in the Wheels & Tires section.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...b-Bead-Lock-Wheels-Video-w-Off-Road-Evolution

If you've already done these beadlocks before disregard the rest of this post: The hardest part of the process is getting the one side of wheel into the tire - see 2:10 on the vid. Mel must eat Hulk pills or something cause I was literally jumping up & down on the damn wheels trying to get the bastards in. He just shoved his right onto those Nittos :surprise: The Coopers I have were a cast iron bitch. Once you're past that, mounting the ring is just a process in patience. Make sure you soap up the ring and wheel really good - it helps the ring slide over the tire as you gradually compress the living shit out of it. When you start it doesn't look like there is any way the ring will seat on the wheel. Be patient & just keep chasing the bolts one at a time around the circle - it'll get there. If it sounds like I know what I'm doing it's because I PM'd Eddie like 3 or 4 times doing this.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Those are gonna look nice! Make sure you watch Mel's video in the Wheels & Tires section.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...b-Bead-Lock-Wheels-Video-w-Off-Road-Evolution

If you've already done these beadlocks before disregard the rest of this post: The hardest part of the process is getting the one side of wheel into the tire - see 2:10 on the vid. Mel must eat Hulk pills or something cause I was literally jumping up & down on the damn wheels trying to get the bastards in. He just shoved his right onto those Nittos :surprise: The Coopers I have were a cast iron bitch. Once you're past that, mounting the ring is just a process in patience. Make sure you soap up the ring and wheel really good - it helps the ring slide over the tire as you gradually compress the living shit out of it. When you start it doesn't look like there is any way the ring will seat on the wheel. Be patient & just keep chasing the bolts one at a time around the circle - it'll get there. If it sounds like I know what I'm doing it's because I PM'd Eddie like 3 or 4 times doing this.

I can say trail graps are way easier than mud graps. So I can imagine with the E sidewall of the coopers its the same way.

Stick

Yeah I've watched that video and figured that it won't be that easy for me, it never is. How long does it usually take you to mount a tire? This will be my first time doing it and wondering how much time I will need to get this completed.

Ddays

Hooked
I can say trail graps are way easier than mud graps. So I can imagine with the E sidewall of the coopers its the same way.

Duh - didn't think of that...

Yeah I've watched that video and figured that it won't be that easy for me, it never is. How long does it usually take you to mount a tire? This will be my first time doing it and wondering how much time I will need to get this completed.

Grab a six pack! If you can get the wheel into the tire without too much drama, the rest of the process isn't hard its just time consuming. An hour a tire or so? I didn't use an air ratchet even though I have one. Since I never did this before I wanted to do it with a hand ratchet and take my time. I got about half way down on the bead and then switched to my torque wrench the rest of the way. After doing this I have to say it looks more intimidating than it really is. Patience (which I have very little of) helps!

WarriorJeep

My new GPS. A Magellan TRX7, I've been waiting to try one of these out, got it all mounted and ready today. Now to find a trail not closed from winter snows...

20160309_160013.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom