What did Brown Santa show up with today..

fiend

Caught the Bug
definitely post up what you think of it, I may be interested in one someday
Sure thing. Jerry recently got one too. One or the other of us will report once we get some experience with it. All I can say so far is that the customer service has been excellent. I received two or three emails from the owner of the company between when I ordered and when it shipped.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Sure thing. Jerry recently got one too. One or the other of us will report once we get some experience with it. All I can say so far is that the customer service has been excellent. I received two or three emails from the owner of the company between when I ordered and when it shipped.
That's great, and you can't beat how compact that thing is.

WJCO

Meme King
Arrived yesterday. Will give it a whirl this weekend.
That's cool looking. I've got the ready welder. It's pretty sweet. If this thing is anything like that, it burns really hot! Like you have to move very quickly on 1/8" steel even with low wire speed.

fiend

Caught the Bug
That's cool looking. I've got the ready welder. It's pretty sweet. If this thing is anything like that, it burns really hot! Like you have to move very quickly on 1/8" steel even with low wire speed.
Current is not adjustable, so fine metal work is not the right application for this. I got it for trail repairs, likely 3/16” or thicker.

I have another portable welder that runs off two car batteries, but I’m not thrilled with it because my batteries are kind of a challenge to access and the connections are temperamental and don’t like to be disturbed. I’m going to sell that one now that I have the Karnage.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I've got some HC LA's you two can each have a side and see who wins!!! :ROFLMAO: Would something like this handle a job like that or is it just small repairs?

fiend

Caught the Bug
I've got some HC LA's you two can each have a side and see who wins!!! :ROFLMAO: Would something like this handle a job like that or is it just small repairs?
The manual says it will lay 60 inches of weld on a full charge. So it probably would work. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll need to get some time with it.

jdofmemi

Arrived yesterday. Will give it a whirl this weekend. View attachment 362660 View attachment 362661
I gave mine a small test run, welding a fire extinguisher mount on my skid steer.
It works good, though takes some practice as the wire speed is adjustable, but voltage is not.
As Fiend says, good for trail repairs, but for projects I would use a regular welder.
I've got some HC LA's you two can each have a side and see who wins!!! :ROFLMAO: Would something like this handle a job like that or is it just small repairs
It probably would, but it would be easier to use a regular shop welder for that, to have a little bit more control.

Top Bottom