What brand tires are you running?

WarriorJeep

Someone left these on my porch, wife said I can keep them so that's what I'm running now, also have MT/R's and a set of BFG KM's

20151129_110429.jpg

RamJet

I have a set of Toyo open country m/t's that I have been running with about 10,000 miles on them. I have recently noticed between the treads on the outside edges they are cracking like dry rot almost. I love the way they ride on the hwy but I was just looking at my options. What do you guys like and run and how is the tread life. I take a couple of high mileage road trips a year and looking for something that will last. Jeep beach Daytona Beach Florida this April about 1400 miles round trip. Who's going. Thanks

I am running 33" Kelly Safari M/T's. They were on my Jeep when i bought it in Oct. and look to be almost brand new. I am wheel the crap out of them and wear them out before i swap and
step on up to 35's.

Sudz

on my second set, luvin' me some MTZs :D

100_7186_zpsb1kqtkhe.jpg

100_7194_zpsecunrtcm.jpg

100_7202_zpshe3pb40h.jpg

6-17-08.jpg

BLK HULK

BlK HULK either gets Swamper boggers or Pit-bulls, currently running Pit-bull Rockers Bias ply.

The JKU BIG White was using Toyo OC MT's and just loved them. When we switched to 40's The Toyo's were back ordered so I switched the the New Procomp MT2's and SO far I'm very happy with them. Quite and very well balanced tire with good tread. I will update on these tires as they only have 200km on them.

Gnmaniatis

Nitto trail grapplers 37x12.5x17
Just changed from my Toyo AT2(35x12.5x17)
Both great tires.
Still have the Toyos, and they are up for sale. Pm if interested

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Mahalo...I used to run 35" BFG KM2's, then went with the 37" Toyo's...I agree with Eddie, the Toyo's are stiffer...in this pic, they are aired down to 8 psi for the sand, but I could easily go down more. I usually run them at 12 on the trail.

I'm thinking about a softer tire for rocks for my next project...like 39" BFG Krawlers.

I've put about 1,000 miles on my new 35" BFG KO2 All Terrains. I selected these due to acceptance that I am on pavement 95% of the time, and these are winter rated like the Duratracs, which is important when traveling between TN and NY. They are quiet and confident on the road to include wet and slippery pavement, while still capable on the mountain trails I run in TN. Very happy with these tires.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have run BFG All Terrains, BFG AT KO2s, Yokohama Geolanders, Kelly Safari and currently run BFG MT KM2s. From my experience, the BFG ATs have been one of the best all around tired I have used. Great on the road, great in the rain and wet pavement, awesome in the desert, good on the rocks. I did hate them in any mud though. The MTs I currently run are great off road, but are one of the worst tires I have run in the rain and wet pavement. When I bump up to 37s I will likely go with Toyo MT. I see they are making them in a 37x12.5 now.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450906698.826739.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
From my experience, the BFG ATs have been one of the best all around tired I have used. Great on the road, great in the rain and wet pavement, awesome in the desert, good on the rocks.

Agreed. I've had 4 sets of these.

The MTs I currently run are great off road, but are one of the worst tires I have run in the rain and wet pavement.

Agreed. Can't wait to get things off with the winter we're having. If it didn't snow here, I would buy another set, great offroad tires.

mds22

315/70/17 Cooper STT pros. Love this tire. Curious about how the wear, but performance as well as road manner/noise have been very impressive. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451056210.270331.jpg

Top Bottom