What are members using more? GMRS, FRS, or CB

JessL

Caught the Bug
I know this has been discussed forever, and most have their favorites. I am new around here and wondered what was most popular with the Wayalife family. Would help prep newbies to the community like me for meeting up and wheeling with others.

Thanks!

Solution
Me personally, I still like CB but have since moved over to race radios due to the people I wheel with all use it. But now a days, I think most people are using GMRS. That said, I would always recommend whatever your friends are using.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Me personally, I still like CB but have since moved over to race radios due to the people I wheel with all use it. But now a days, I think most people are using GMRS. That said, I would always recommend whatever your friends are using.

Upvote 0
Solution

Aceisback

Hooked
Grew up on CB and will always have one as the reliability is quite good, but over the past few years most clubs seem to be migrating towards GMRS. I’ve got both now and listen to them both when needed, but I still prefer my stereo!🤘😉

Upvote 0

JessL

Caught the Bug
I’m a CB user too from the 80’s! I haven’t looked at race radios but I feel the pressure for GMRS. Appreciate the input!

Upvote 0

JessL

Caught the Bug
Grew up on CB and will always have one as the reliability is quite good, but over the past few years most clubs seem to be migrating towards GMRS. I’ve got both now and listen to them both when needed, but I still prefer my stereo!🤘😉
Same here on CB, and I think running dual radios may be the ticket. Does the Wayalife radio bar have room for 2 units?

Upvote 0

Aceisback

Hooked
I’m a CB user too from the 80’s! I haven’t looked at race radios but I feel the pressure for GMRS. Appreciate the input!
Look in to the Baofeng UV-5R or something similar. Very cost efficient, but if you’re old like me programming can be a bitch. There is always a tech savvy young dude around who can help out with that though.👍

Upvote 0

CO_JEEPER

The Jeep club local to me has mostly switched over to GMRS so I grabbed the 2 for $100 deal on some Rugged Radios handhelds. They seem to work pretty well and future plans are to put one of their full radio kits in both wranglers.

Upvote 0

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’m going GMRS. Seems much more useable for my purposes and much more likely to get you connected to random help out in the sticks. Aren’t “race radios” kind of a marketing scheme? (Unless you are one of a relatively small group of people who regularly run with King of the Hammers crews)

Upvote 0

CO_JEEPER

@Sharkey , my understanding is that “race radios” regardless of manufacturer and wherever they may fall on the radio spectrum are generally licensed by the FCC to a business licensee such as a race team running a trophy truck through Baja. They may also allow for slightly more power and range.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom