WHAT’S THAT DING???

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
So in my 2020 Gladiator: every morning or after the engine has cooled, I start the engine and take off and after about 2 minutes the vehicle does a chime. “Ding”. No lights, no indicators, and only one ding. Every time.
WHAT THE FUXK IS IT??? 🤣

WJCO

Meme King
So in my 2020 Gladiator: every morning or after the engine has cooled, I start the engine and take off and after about 2 minutes the vehicle does a chime. “Ding”. No lights, no indicators, and only one ding. Every time.
WHAT THE FUXK IS IT??? 🤣
Both our JT and JL do that intermittently with no rhyme nor reason. No lights on dash either. Not sure. Just a random fucking ding from time to time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Both our JT and JL do that intermittently with no rhyme nor reason. No lights on dash either. Not sure. Just a random fucking ding from time to time.
The more I think about it, I may have that too but only from time to time. I kinda wonder if it's maybe the TPMS as my passenger rear tire always reads low... on ALL our JLs and JT. Once things warm up a bit, it reads higher.

WJCO

Meme King
The more I think about it, I may have that too but only from time to time. I kinda wonder if it's maybe the TPMS as my passenger rear tire always reads low... on ALL our JLs and JT. Once things warm up a bit, it reads higher.
We have no tpms sensors on either jeep. Tazers on both. Most of the time when the ding occurs, it's within a minute after starting.

trailraider

Mine does it once in a while and it usually is related to the traction control. but it's Jeep so it could be related to anything. that's what makes them Jeeps. lol

RCC

My JL doesnt do it, but my JT randomly dings like you said. I figured it was the computer being confused because I have TPMS turned off.

WJCO

Meme King
My JL doesnt do it, but my JT randomly dings like you said. I figured it was the computer being confused because I have TPMS turned off.
Do you have the TPMS turned off on the JL?

We have both turned off, but both Jeeps also have aftermarket wheels with regular valve stems in them.

Bierpower

Hooked
Just a shot in the dark but I park my car in the garage and when I leave for work the chime goes off when the ambient temp drops below 37°.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’ve never heard it but temps don’t get below 60 here. However, whenever I come to a stop, my radio (usually streaming through CarPlay) turns up super loud, or gets quieter. As soon as I turn the volume knob, it goes back to what it was previously set at. Does this every time I stop. Gets really annoying in traffic.

Top Bottom