WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2014 : June 15th - 17th

Where you been lately?
Haven't seen you on the board lately.

I was in your neck of the woods today and bought that top from the fellow in Chino Hills.
$400 - excellent shape.

Awesome Wuggie. Been extremely busy at work including some weekend and days off commitment.... :banghead:

Hey everyone, I just got a PM asking about decals and thought I should post up my answer here. I'd be grateful if you could please be respectful of this WAYALIFE specific run and REMOVE any and all decals from your Jeep that promote other forums. Thank you.

Hey everyone, I just got a PM asking about decals and thought I should post up my answer here. I'd be grateful if you could please be respectful of this WAYALIFE specific run and REMOVE any and all decals from your Jeep that promote other forums. Thank you.

Oh man... Does this include my new EVOWHORE-FORUM.com decals that just came in? :cheesy:

Sorry, don't mean to make light of your post. Seems pretty automatic that you wouldn't want to display other forum decals. No issues here.

Oh man... Does this include my new EVOWHORE-FORUM.com decals that just came in? :cheesy:

Sorry, don't mean to make light of your post. Seems pretty automatic that you wouldn't want to display other forum decals. No issues here.

LOL!! I appreciate your understanding in this matter. Not everyone sees it the same way and I'm not trying to make a stink about it, just want everyone going on this WAYALIFE run to be a supporter of it as well. There are a lot of other supporters of this forum who would love to join us on top of the ones who are officially on the waiting list and I'd rather they come than someone just looking for people to go on the Rubicon with.

Are there any BBQs up there like at Camp Sites around CA?
Picnic tables?
Bear Boxes?
Trying to change up the kind of wood to bring and the kind of dead animals to bring. :thinking:

BBQ - bringing red oak and Tri-tip (what else could I bring since I'm from Santa Maria!)
No BBQ - bringing the Weber Jr. & briquets

Just wondering.

Picnic tables?
Bear Boxes?
Trying to change up the kind of wood to bring and the kind of dead animals to bring. :thinking:

BBQ - bringing red oak and Tri-tip (what else could I bring since I'm from Santa Maria!)

Just wondering.

Bring everything you need. You are in the middle of nowhere there is nothing. Think of it like that.

Picnic tables?
Bear Boxes?

Just wondering.

I just dropped a bucket of cash on my upgrades. I hope there is a way to heat water for my $0.29 cup-o-noodles. :cheesy::cheesy:

Keep in mind that things happen on the trail sometimes. With a large group, it is not inconceivable that a break down could occur and that you don't make it to camp until after dark. I raise that point because using a real briquette BBQ can be frustrating when you are hungry, tired, and you have to wait for coals.

If you are going to go that route I would suggest having a "just in case" backup plan for the first night.

Oh, and there are no bear boxes for food. So, if you hear Overlander rummaging through your cooler at night, just let him be.

Last edited:
I just dropped a bucket of cash on my upgrades. I hope there is a way to heat water for my $0.29 cup-o-noodles. :cheesy::cheesy:

I use a little stove for backpacking to boil water. It's kinda like a msr pocket rocket, but I got a eBay special for 7 bucks. Wal-Mart has some usually, I think they started carrying primus. 20 bucks.

Top Bottom