WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2014 : June 15th - 17th

pastorwug

Have you all tried the freeze dried foods from Mountain House brand?
We had read online that this brand was the best, so - being inquisitive we went to REI and tried two different brands.
Mountain House is a clear winner over Wise Brand.

Wise tasted like low grade dog food (Caddy Shack quote)

We tried the Beef Stew and Apple Crisp for dinner last night from Mountain House and they are great!!!
All that's needed is hot water and two sporks (titanium preferred, not really needed but they're the best - again at REI)

Most of you backpackers probably have tried these but this is a new discovery for us.
We'll be packing a bunch of these for the Rubi Run if anyone would like to try them as well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We had read online that this brand was the best, so - being inquisitive we went to REI and tried two different brands.

We tried the Beef Stew and Apple Crisp for dinner last night from Mountain House and they are great!!!
All that's needed is hot water and two sporks (titanium preferred, not really needed but they're the best - again at REI)

Most of you backpackers probably have tried these but this is a new discovery for us.
We'll be packing a bunch of these for the Rubi Run if anyone would like to try them as well.

Gross! I'll cook real food. In thinking street tacos one night. :yup:

The icecream was different

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Gross! I'll cook real food. In thinking street tacos one night. :yup:

Ray, Tony and I are doing carne asada tacos too. :yup: Maybe a taco throw-down???

Throwing down on camp food is about pride, ingenuity, and flavor. Cooking up MRE’s is sac-religious. :icon_crazy:

Last edited:
You younger generation just don't camp right, lol. What happened to the traditional favorites? ( a slab of half cooked cow for dinner and manifold burritos for lunch and full blown hotcake/ bacon/ sausage/ egg breakfast?
Went camping with my sisters family last year and I about lost my mind when they broke out the cereal for breakfast.

pastorwug

How do you guys pack all that fresh food up there when your Jeep is going sideways and jumbling back and forth? Do you all use Yeti coolers?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How do you guys pack all that fresh food up there when your Jeep is going sideways and jumbling back and forth? Do you all use Yeti coolers?

ARB fridges for most of them. I use a cooler or bribe ttfhell with food to use his ARB.

pastorwug

Well, my wife makes great green salads so we'll be sure to bring everything for that for Two nights.

Top Bottom