WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just looked that up sounds delicious! Surprising Iv never heard of it though since I’m in a big basque area. Shows I don’t get out enough in my own town lol
LOL - it’s definitely more of a Northern Nevada thing but yes, I would think that you would have it out in the Bakersfield area too. 👍🏻

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Over the last few days, Vegas has been seeing EPIC monsoons move through the valley at night and on a level that hasn't been seen in years. Of course, I wasn't aware of this and a couple of days ago, I decided to drive Rona down to Boulder City just for fun (and because she doesn't have AC) and decided to do it with the windows out. Essentially, like running her with just a bikini on. Anyway, as we got closer to Vegas, I started to realize that may have been a mistake...
IMG_0122.jpg

By the time we got to town, I was being blasted with almost 60 mph gusts, in sideways pouring rain and hail and flooded roads. Needless to say, driving through downtown was very slow going and near impossible to see, especially being that I had no windshield wipers on the inside...
IMG_0120.jpg

Long story short, we made it to Boulder City safely but the next morning, this is what I was seeing. Thank goodness for slush mats!
IMG_0109.jpg

Or, so I thought. After carefully moping up all the water so that I wouldn't spill any on the carpet. I removed the mats and discovered this...
IMG_0111.jpg

Yup, about a good inch of water on sitting on the carpeting. What a pain in the ass!

Needless to say, the drain plugs have been removed, carpet pulled and waiting for things to dry out. Of course, it would help if it stopped raining and it were so stupid humid out LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy shit man, that sucks. I cant believe that much water got in must have been one hell of a storm.
LOL - right?! With half doors on too!

I think something like an inch of rain fell in about half an hour. There was a crazy amount of lightning and thunder everywhere too. Large parts of the city were dark from the power going out. It was just nuts 🤪

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Over the last few days, Vegas has been seeing EPIC monsoons move through the valley at night and on a level that hasn't been seen in years. Of course, I wasn't aware of this and a couple of days ago, I decided to drive Rona down to Boulder City just for fun (and because she doesn't have AC) and decided to do it with the windows out. Essentially, like running her with just a bikini on. Anyway, as we got closer to Vegas, I started to realize that may have been a mistake...
View attachment 377519

By the time we got to town, I was being blasted with almost 60 mph gusts, in sideways pouring rain and hail and flooded roads. Needless to say, driving through downtown was very slow going and near impossible to see, especially being that I had no windshield wipers on the inside...
View attachment 377520

Long story short, we made it to Boulder City safely but the next morning, this is what I was seeing. Thank goodness for slush mats!
View attachment 377521

Or, so I thought. After carefully moping up all the water so that I wouldn't spill any on the carpet. I removed the mats and discovered this...
View attachment 377522

Yup, about a good inch of water on sitting on the carpeting. What a pain in the ass!

Needless to say, the drain plugs have been removed, carpet pulled and waiting for things to dry out. Of course, it would help if it stopped raining and it were so stupid humid out LOL
Okay that sucks but that shit is funny. Imagine the people you drive by. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay that sucks but that shit is funny. Imagine the people you drive by. Lol
You truly are living the Jeep life haha I have to agree with Adam, I can only imagine what people were thinking.
LOL - Cindy was driving the 392 behind me and said that they probably didn't even see me. She said that she could barely see. Tons of cars were just stopped or near stopped in the middle of the highway with the hazards lights flashing.

jeeeep

Hooked
View attachment 377519

View attachment 377520

View attachment 377521

View attachment 377522

damn, I think it's was the 80s since I last saw storms like that in Nv.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
damn, I think it's was the 80s since I last saw storms like that in Nv.
I've seen and been through a few in the Vegas area over the years but yeah, it may have been as far back as the 80's since I've seen it like this. Just the day after day of pounding wind, rain, lightning and thunder has been unreal.

Top Bottom