WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, it’s weird because I just pulled out the big piece and honestly, I’m pretty sure it’s a shim.
40CDF320-C4F4-4845-8182-83C7DD65FABA.jpeg
That would make sense in that, I’m not feeling or seeing any other real damage and the whine I was hearing sounded more like gears that weren’t set up right than anything.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, it is a shim and everything else looks okay. In all the years that I've been doing this, I can't say I've ever seen a shim get jacked up like this. Not even 100% sure what could cause this.

As far as warranty goes, I doubt it and really, I'm fine with that. Not like we haven't got almost 50k out of the axle and while punishing it.

CalSgt

Hooked
So, it is a shim and everything else looks okay. In all the years that I've been doing this, I can't say I've ever seen a shim get jacked up like this. Not even 100% sure what could cause this.

As far as warranty goes, I doubt it and really, I'm fine with that. Not like we haven't got almost 50k out of the axle and while punishing it.
Dana axle shims are a PIA… I could see myself doing that during installation. I can’t think of any way after set up for a shim to come out, but letting one falling into the housing while holding the 40 pound differential races and shims all together happens

Seahawkfan

Hooked
So, it’s weird because I just pulled out the big piece and honestly, I’m pretty sure it’s a shim.
View attachment 372624
That would make sense in that, I’m not feeling or seeing any other real damage and the whine I was hearing sounded more like gears that weren’t set up right than anything.
I think you were totally lucky you didn't find any coins in there with it. ;)

Top Bottom