WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We were driving along the west side of Walker Lake, right where it becomes a shelf road along a cliff and after passing a sign stating, "FALLING ROCKS", we heard a really loud BANG!! Looking in my rear view mirror, I saw a baseball side rock tumbling around and Cindy looking up saw some big horn sheep. After pulling over, I looked all over the roof to see if there was any damage but saw nothing. Cindy said the bang sounded like it came more from the passenger side A-pillar and so we looked there and found this...
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5481.JPG

I can only guess that one of the sheep knocked the rock off that hit us and I'm grateful that it didn't hit our windshield. I'm also grateful that we were in our Duramax and not something like our 392 as I don't know if it would have taken the hit as well. You can't really see in it the pic but the metal is dented in where it got hit and the seam of the door and fender are a pretty strong point.

We were driving along the west side of Walker Lake, right where it becomes a shelf road along a cliff and after passing a sign stating, "FALLING ROCKS", we heard a really loud BANG!! Looking in my rear view mirror, I saw a baseball side rock tumbling around and Cindy looking up saw some big horn sheep. After pulling over, I looked all over the roof to see if there was any damage but saw nothing. Cindy said the bang sounded like it came more from the passenger side A-pillar and so we looked there and found this...
View attachment 391443
View attachment 391444

I can only guess that one of the sheep knocked the rock off that hit us and I'm grateful that it didn't hit our windshield. I'm also grateful that we were in our Duramax and not something like our 392 as I don't know if it would have taken the hit as well. You can't really see in it the pic but the metal is dented in where it got hit and the seam of the door and fender are a pretty strong point.
Glad you guys are safe! I hate driving under cliffs like that… you never know when it’s your turn.

Trail Bud

Hooked
View attachment 391443
View attachment 391444

She was lucky, I knew of a kid that got hit with a basketball sized rock through the passenger window by my baldy.
it didn’t turn out well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you guys are safe! I hate driving under cliffs like that… you never know when it’s your turn.
Yup, always spooky. You see the signs and the rocks on the road and it's hard not to think that one of these times, it'll come down on you. Well, this time it did.
She was lucky, I knew of a kid that got hit with a basketball sized rock through the passenger window by my baldy.
it didn’t turn out well.
Oh yeah, we/Cindy got real lucky. The hit sounded big, a lot bigger than the rock that hit us. Even though it was on the small side, I bet it would have come through the glass if it hit the windshield.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Damn that sucks. Always see those signs on the road and don’t think too much of them until it happens. Glad you and Cindy are ok and it missed the windshield.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
View attachment 391443
View attachment 391444

IMG_3617.jpeg

Top Bottom