WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run 2018 - SIGN UP

Trail JK

I too want to replace my cobra 29 for the 75 to save some space.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wouldn’t do it again if I had the choice. Started out fine but I have a hard time hearing it now. I have the kit that stops the radio so the sound comes through the speakers. I always look at Ray and say, what did they say? it definitely saves space though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I have a 75 in my Brute...the only thing I don't like about it is that it is easy to accidentally change the channel....I'll be driving along on the trail and realize I haven't heard any chatter for while...I'll check it and it's on the wrong channel...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Right on!

Ok, I’m 2,000 miles away from my Jeep, hope this pic works! It is above rear view mirror.

LOL!! Oh yeah, works for me! Hope you get back home for Christmas!

As a matter of fact I can. I haven't programmed the frequencies for each of the 40 channels but I have them and it's just a matter of inputting the

Okay, that's pretty damn cool. For our purposes, you'll just need channel 16. I might have to talk to you more about this :yup:

It's not dusty!

Neatly nestled in the glove box. Still need to tune the CB antenna, should be able to get that done this weekend.

:cheesy: Looks like the inside of a Jeep that went on our last run :crazyeyes:
Glad to hear you'll be getting it setup this weekend:thumb:

I too want to replace my cobra 29 for the 75 to save some space.

I do like the space savings that a 75 offers but having run several in the past, I still prefer my 29.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:standing wave: Uniden Pro 510 XL

Perfect! :thumb:

Usually Strainger brings me a hand held..lol

Just so long as he doesn't have to hand hold you, I suppose that'll work :D

Cobra 29! Can you hear me now? 😬

LOL!! You're one of the few I can ever hear really clearly :crazyeyes:

And I will again, my friend. Hold on while I take pictures and try to do the upload magic again. Old dog, new tricks. Takes time. :bleh:

:cheesy: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn’t do it again if I had the choice. Started out fine but I have a hard time hearing it now. I have the kit that stops the radio so the sound comes through the speakers. I always look at Ray and say, what did they say? it definitely saves space though.

This ^^^

Even with an external speaker, I have a pretty hard time understanding what's being said. Granted, it can be hard to hear anything on any radio when driving doorless or with soft uppers on our half doors. :icon_crazy:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
2017-12-22 10.17.54.jpg

Yahoo! Mine and Billy's with lesser input from IT guru Susan this time. A few more of these and I might be able to do it all by myself. :rock:

DMF

This ^^^

Even with an external speaker, I have a pretty hard time understanding what's being said. Granted, it can be hard to hear anything on any radio when driving doorless or with soft uppers on our half doors. :icon_crazy:

I remember reading a thread you made about how it's hard to hear. I'll stick to what I have, my hearing isn't anywhere as good as it was.

BTW, are you guys ok with this? I never had Glenfiddich before.
18.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I remember reading a thread you made about how it's hard to hear. I'll stick to what I have, my hearing isn't anywhere as good as it was.

BTW, are you guys ok with this? I never had Glenfiddich before.

WooHoo!! I can't remember but you are coming out the night before, right? :yup:

DMF

WooHoo!! I can't remember but you are coming out the night before, right? :yup:

Yes, I'll be there the night before! Hopefully traffic won't be so bad when I leave. Coming from Orange County area and leaving during rush hour :icon_crazy:

you won't like it so i'll just take it off your hands :yup:

It's that bad! I knew I should have went with Macallan or Walker

JAGS

Hooked
You all having bad luck with cobra should check out the midland 75 handheld. Only thing I've ever had wrong with it is the power plug adapter went out after four 1/2 years. It's done such a good job, I bought a second one just to get a new power plug and now also have a handheld spare on batteries.

I run a fire ring coax to the tailgate mount and a tuned firstik. Before getting the cage I had an external speaker in the dash bucket. Now I have the CB mounted up high as in previous pic.

From what others tell me, they can hear me just fine and 97% I can make out what others are saying. I don't have the ultra fine tuning capabilities of the large CB, but I do have squelch.

JeepFan

Hooked
You all having bad luck with cobra should check out the midland 75 handheld. Only thing I've ever had wrong with it is the power plug adapter went out after four 1/2 years. It's done such a good job, I bought a second one just to get a new power plug and now also have a handheld spare on batteries.

I run a fire ring coax to the tailgate mount and a tuned firstik. Before getting the cage I had an external speaker in the dash bucket. Now I have the CB mounted up high as in previous pic.

From what others tell me, they can hear me just fine and 97% I can make out what others are saying. I don't have the ultra fine tuning capabilities of the large CB, but I do have squelch.
10-9?

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom