WAYALIFE EPIC TREX : Rockin Rubicon Run 2015 - July 14th-16th

I know there is a 2010 JK that blew all 4 axles, the locker , and steering. They got some axles to swap out yesterday and I heard they just found some steering parts in Reno. Not sure if it's part of this group, it was a post for help on a local Jeep page.

I know there is a 2010 JK that blew all 4 axles, the locker , and steering. They got some axles to swap out yesterday and I heard they just found some steering parts in Reno. Not sure if it's part of this group, it was a post for help on a local Jeep page.

That sucks! Hopefully it wasn't someone on this run, even though I doubt it was.

I can't imagine how that can even happen, the trail isn't that hard. The hardest section is the old big sluice and it's hard because JK's are so wide, body damage is more likely that grenading your entire JK.

I can't imagine how that can even happen, the trail isn't that hard. The hardest section is the old big sluice and it's hard because JK's are so wide, body damage is more likely that grenading your entire JK.

You got me there. The only thing I could think of would be that there was a lot of skinny pedal involved.

I believe it's the shafts that broke since there were 4 of them, not the housings. Best guess would be too much throttle, but there are a lot of factors involved. Was the locker engaged with a tire jammed up on a rock? Was the JK over loaded? Did they try to get out with a broken front end adding extra stress to the rear end? Who knows, I'll post when I get more details.

hey! it was cool seeing you guys go by! hope ya'll have a great time since at this time you're still camping at Rubicon springs! we made it out no problem and loved it.

but just had to tell you. our tacoma did the hair pin turn in 2 wheel drive and only needed couple tugs after that. .. so who needs 4 wheel drive again? haha

Really, and where did you here this?

I do know there have been broken or lose tie rods and drsglinks. 1 broken axle shaft. some sway bar links being too short and the sway bar inverting. things of that nature. that's all I can remember Eddie telling me yesterday as they pass me and my group.

I do know there have been broken or lose tie rods and drsglinks. 1 broken axle shaft. some sway bar links being too short and the sway bar inverting. things of that nature. that's all I can remember Eddie telling me yesterday as they pass me and my group.

Hopefully that will be all of it! Not too bad of a damage list.

Lol I bet the sway bar inverting was noroad

Top Bottom