WAYALIFE CB Radio Antenna Mount - Jeep JL WRANGLER Tailgate (2018-Up)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I have these in stock. And, if you order one with a CB BAR, you can even save a bit more money. :cool:

20200118095814-feb4d4ac.jpg

outlawbeard

I got my bracket installed, when I went to put my spare back on it digs into my tire. I'm stock with factory M/T's. I'm going to try and flip the bracket tomorrow and see if it works, if not do you have any recommendation on a spare tire relocation bracket or whatever would be used to push the spare out? I'll be doing bigger tires next year but wanted to try and stay stock for the time being.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I got my bracket installed, when I went to put my spare back on it digs into my tire. I'm stock with factory M/T's. I'm going to try and flip the bracket tomorrow and see if it works, if not do you have any recommendation on a spare tire relocation bracket or whatever would be used to push the spare out? I'll be doing bigger tires next year but wanted to try and stay stock for the time being.
How badly is the bracket making contact with the spare? If it's just a little, I would recommend just adding a few washers to the mounting studs to space it out a bit.

outlawbeard

It seemed like it was into it pretty good, I didnt want to push it too hard, I think if that corner were angled like the other side it might be fine, I'll throw it up tomorrow and take a pic, hopefully like you said some washers will push it out enough to get by.

FFPulley77

Hooked
It seemed like it was into it pretty good, I didnt want to push it too hard, I think if that corner were angled like the other side it might be fine, I'll throw it up tomorrow and take a pic, hopefully like you said some washers will push it out enough to get by.
I think I’ve got a spare 1.5” synergy wheel spacer laying around that I’d send you if you need it.

outlawbeard

I think I’ve got a spare 1.5” synergy wheel spacer laying around that I’d send you if you need it.
Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I ended up just flipping the bracket and it fits just fine now.

Attachments

• 058D6F5B-E71B-4F35-8D0D-C991549F4ACE_1_201_a.jpeg
    058D6F5B-E71B-4F35-8D0D-C991549F4ACE_1_201_a.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 7

jmkurt

Hello-

Great write-up with tons of detail, thank you!

Quick question though, I have the Mopar tailgate reinforcement - will this CB Antenna mount work with that? Do I need longer bolts or anything?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello-

Great write-up with tons of detail, thank you!

Quick question though, I have the Mopar tailgate reinforcement - will this CB Antenna mount work with that? Do I need longer bolts or anything?
There is no need for this mount if you have the Mopar kit. It has one already.

jax501sep

Good bracket. Nice and sturdy, holds my 3' Firestik II antenna rock solid.

I replaced one of the provided bolts with a longer Grade 8 M10-1.5 60mm bolt, 2 washers, and a nut. That way I was able to attach the ground cable directly to the longer bolt from the inside of the gate. I didn't have to clean off paint and was able to get a solid ground.

Side note: I previously bought an antenna bracket off of eBay that attaches to the tire carrier. I was trying to save money, but ended up wasting time & money. The eBay antenna bracket couldn't support the weight of the antenna (thin metal) and it didn't have the correct size hole for a CB antenna. Save yourself time and go with Wayalife's bracket.

IMG_7893.jpg

IMG_7894.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I replaced one of the provided bolts with a longer Grade 8 M10-1.5 60mm bolt, 2 washers, and a nut. That way I was able to attach the ground cable directly to the longer bolt from the inside of the gate. I didn't have to clean off paint and was able to get a solid ground.

Side note: I previously bought an antenna bracket off of eBay that attaches to the tire carrier. I was trying to save money, but ended up wasting time & money. The eBay antenna bracket couldn't support the weight of the antenna (thin metal) and it didn't have the correct size hole for a CB antenna. Save yourself time and go with Wayalife's bracket.

View attachment 373421

View attachment 373422
Awesome! Glad to hear you're happy with the mount (y)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 373421

View attachment 373422
It’s in the tailgate? You should put a lock nut so it can’t rattle loose.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
...or a locking washer, need to make sure I have a good ground. Locking nuts have nylon on the inside, not conductive.
Well yeah but your ground strap doesn’t mount to the inside of the nut. It is sandwiched between the nut and the tailgate mounted on the bolt. The nylon would affect it.

ibgpin

Are the bolts supplied with your antenna mount long enough to fit with the Mopar reinforced tail gate hinge installed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are the bolts supplied with your antenna mount long enough to fit with the Mopar reinforced tail gate hinge installed?
There is no need to use this mount with a Mopar reinforced tail gate hinge. It already has a mount.

Top Bottom