Wave from the ATX

iRonin

Howdy from Austin, Texas :)

After 11+ years of owning things that are good at going fast (Nissan 300zx TT, 350z, 370z, Kawasaki '10 Ninja ZX-6R) I finally pulled the trigger on the only other vehicle I'd own that's really good at going slow: a Wrangler. Growing up in Colorado, we did as many road trip vacations as we could there and in Utah, but I was always jealous of all the off-road trails our poor family minivan wouldn't dare attempt. So now that I'm older (and can afford it, lol) it's time to reclaim those lost experiences once and for all!

Wife and I picked up a 2014 JKU Sahara in December. Got it pre-set up with lift, wheels and tires to get things started. Couldn't wait to hit the trails either, immediately drove it up to CO over Christmas vacation and broke it in on some moderate trails around Monarch and the sand dunes. Probably should have taken it easy and followed the dealer recommendation to only go about 600 miles and then have all the suspension components tightened down, but I wasn't too rough (everything I was on was snow covered) and I loved every minute of it!

Simply cannot wait to start modding it further and taking it out on group rides!

12-08-2013.jpg Photo Dec 28, 3 30 23 PM_sm.jpg

13gecko

Hello from killeen!!! Welcome to Wayalife. You should check out the All my Texas Neighbors thread. Looking forward to maybe seeing you on the trails. Nice rig btw!

iRonin

Hello from killeen!!! Welcome to Wayalife. You should check out the All my Texas Neighbors thread. Looking forward to maybe seeing you on the trails. Nice rig btw!

Woot, will do - I saw some of the Hill Country Crawler stuff out at Adventure Park - pleasant surprise to have some decent looking trails just an hour away I can't wait!

Welcome to WayaLife ! Nice rig...good choice on the wheels! Love ours. Good luck on the future mod's, and enjoy the trails. :thumb:

Top Bottom