Wave from Southern New Mexico

TRAVERSER

Well I signed up on here since a friend pointed "Wayalife for the hardcore and not the thin skinned" or something to that effect. What drew me to sign up had to due with the feeling that scratches are welcomed, and polishing when nothing else to do.

About me being here...I bought new a 2002 Jeep Liberty. I liked it even though everyone on trails and in town seemed to give it a cold shoulder. After two years in NM I moved to Northern Colorado. I never had time or money to do any trails, though it was awesome in the snow. If I recall correctly the only options it had was v6, automatic, 4x4 and towing package. No tint and steely wheels. The wife loved it over her Volvo v70 in the bad weather! She liked how the brakes felt in the snow. Probably since it didn't have ABS. She even learned how to prepare for a icy down hill stop down our street by putting it into "Oh shit stop" 4wheel hi lever.

So we moved back to NewMexico in 2014 and I decided to sell the Liberty. I felt that I needed a truck since the glass was scratched on the inside along with all the plastic interior. The carpet was so warn out some spots whore through and other areas it looked like pulled thick like a shag rug. I bought a loaded 2014 Ram 1500 I decided on 2wd since the truck was soo big I knew it would never go out in the desert. I liked the truck! except it's size, huge turning radius and it's face full of chrome. It took me to realize WTF am I doing with a truck when loading up it's bed with bricks. The high bed made me wish I had a trailer....that could be pulled by a Jeep! Test drove a 08 jk manual this spring loved it except it's $18000, high milage, and not a unlimited. Did some tire kicking and ended up going new.

Even though it's turning radius is not as tight, I really don't miss the old liberty. The JKU is fantastic in every way (once you learn to avoid bumping your head on the soundbar to strap the kiddo into his car seat. Then you have to remember where the loop is that the door latched closed to. My son NOW knows the expression I have from a charlie horse on the elbow.

While it is cool with all the waving from all the fellow JKs, I've noticed you tend to get a big smile or double wave from Liberties, Cherokees etc...."He noticed ME!" So for me its a Jeep wave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom