Wave from So Cal

TerpForHire

I have been driving different cars for years and I was looking for something that I could build and customize and that I wouldn't get tired of with within a couple years. After the first month, it seems like the "Jeep Thing" is powerful, I just want to keep spending money to get it more and more my way (even though I have not really started).

Long story short, after three weeks, my Jeep is at the dealership getting the engine replaced (thank God it is covered by the warranty). I will get her back probably Friday of next week and I can't wait. Not only to get her back, but because my rental is a VW Beetle, talk about the opposite of a Jeep.

I have never been off-roading, but I would like to start. My son is 2 (he's in the back seat picking his nose in the following pic...no really he is) and I think it could be something that would be really cool for us to do together as he gets older and help keep him from becoming a stereotypical guy from SoCal. I am looking to start off-roading really easy, I'm not looking to screw up my DD, but I would like to learn from some other guys on here that are more experienced.

IMG_0026[1].jpg

Welcome to Wayalife! Sorry to hear that you had a crappy start, at least you'll have a fresh engine.

What part of So Cal are you from?

If your not looking to spend money and break your rig then leave now lol. This stuff is worse then any drug on this planet. Welcome to the forum, congrats on your rubi!

Thanks, long term I'm definitely winning by getting the new engine, just hard to wait.

I live in Monrovia (east of Pasadena). And work in Commerce at The Citadel Outlets. I know there has to be some good easy trails around here to get started.

Welcome to Wayalife. Im not too far from you in Glendora and the first place I went after I bought my jeep was San Gabriel Canyon. It's a good place for Jeepers starting out.

Welcome, if you make it to Norcal we'd love to show you some trails.

Also, hilarious, your son really is diggin in in that pic!

Welcome to Wayalife. There's a newby run coming up in March that I would highly recommend. That's how I started. The more experienced drivers were super cool about showing me what a stock Jeep was capable of.

After that, it was off to the rodeo. I have loved the comradery and Jeep mods.

Top Bottom