Wave from San Mateo (CA), pumped

arahambone

Jeep TJ 2001.jpgJeep JKU 2016.jpg

A little back story. I bought a 2001 TJ 2 door one week before I got married back in 2010. Loved it, did some basic upgrades myself, like tires/wheels, shocks and steering stabilize. Then a year later had our first kid, moved and sadly decided a 2 door Wrangler wasn't an optimal commuter and family vehicle.

I've been grumbling ever since and basically sold my lady on the idea that now that both of kids are a little older and the 4 door is "safer" and more stable, we should get a Jeep. Also turned 40 and said I was worth it ;-). Got the 2016 JKU a couple of months ago. I had to wait a while because I wanted the Hydro Blue and Willy's Wheeler. It's a sweet ass ride!

Part of wishes I'd gone base model and slowly done all of the upgrades and part of me likes have a few extras above the base model.

Sure enough I'm wanting to make a few changes and trying to slow play it.

As much as 35s and a 3.5 inch lift would be nice, I'm pretty sure I'd be happy 33s and a 2.5 inch lift and not have to worry about a beefier bumper or any other major accommodations (exhaust spacers, drive train, etc). Would love some opinions on this. I'm not going to be a rock crawler, it's my daily commuter, but I'd like faster offroading at some point in the future.

Cheers
Ara

Welcome to wayalife! Just my opinion. Stay with 2.5" and you can still fit 35s. I had a budget boost and 33s and regretted not going to 35s. You'll be surprised how much space 2.5" will give you.

Love the color. Was looking for it myself, but couldn't find a rubi, stick shift anywhere with that combo. I will second the suggestion of sticking to 2.5" of lift and running 35's. It will give you all you need to fit 35's without additional headaches (extra work and extra money). Lifting it higher for 35's would just compromise your stability.

Tires

Love the color. Was looking for it myself, but couldn't find a rubi, stick shift anywhere with that combo. I will second the suggestion of sticking to 2.5" of lift and running 35's. It will give you all you need to fit 35's without additional headaches (extra work and extra money). Lifting it higher for 35's would just compromise your stability.

So I don't need to worry about gearing or calibrating anything with 35s?

I need to start a thread on lift options or dig through existing threads. Thanks all

Top Bottom