Wave from PNW

I was just following the gear chart for the 08 and 37s, I am open to all suggestions.

Was the the example on jkx, the guy who broke the pinion?
IMG_1478924470.360216.jpg

Maybe I am reading this wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

5.13's have been great off road. I run 70 mph with no problems. The jeep will definitely have more confidence on hills but you can still find yourself seeking for more power. I drive a jeep so I've accepted that I don't need to race everywhere. I currently get around 13 mpg and my jeep weighs in at little over 6000 lbs. I don't know how much extra 5.38's would gain you with the added risk of breaking a pinion as stated before.

I've got 5.13s and 37s on a ProRock44 on my 08 JKU. NorthRidge also did the work. Highly recommended.

The photo is from a run in Northern California just after I had some of the work done (Aug. 2009 I think). The ProRock was added after I broke the stock front axle. And yes, that is Eddie and Cindy taking pictures.

-meljr

NiagriaRimAug2009.jpg

Last edited:
I've got 5.13s and 37s on a ProRock44 on my 08 JKU. NorthRidge also did the work. Highly recommended.

The photo is from a run in Northern California just after I had some of the work done (Aug. 2009 I think). The ProRock was added after I broke the stock front axle. And yes, that is Eddie and Cindy taking pictures.

-meljr

View attachment 230916

Nice pic! Would you do 5.13s again or attempt do another ratio? I imagine your happy but got 2 weeks to make sure I tell northridge the right answer lol!

Last edited:
Nice pic! Would you do 5.13s again or attempt do another ratio? I imagine your happy but got 2 weeks to make sure I tell northridge the right answer lol!

For most of the same reasons just mentioned (especially pinon size) I'll stick with the 5.13s. They have given me really good service and I never felt I needed more power. By the way, I recently had my engine management software on the 08 JKU updated by the local dealer ($62.50) and the shifts are noticeably firmer on the highway -- particularly when passing. At 60MPH, the RPMs are just under 2000, which is quite comfortable for cruising. Even at 70MPH, the RPMs are not especially bothersome.

I usually talk to David or Maxx at NorthRidge and rely on their experienced judgement when making these decisions.

-meljr
IMG_0668.jpg

I usually talk to David or Maxx at NorthRidge and rely on their experienced judgement when making these decisions.

:naw: If you want to know what iron to hit from 165 yards out, David might be your man. I would not rely on him for advice on Jeep parts though.

Actually pretty good....idk about Lawton but Disney, Ok. Is pretty good. There is Clayton in S.E Ok and I noticed on upcoming trips a run on the K-Trail is in planning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks that's encouraging wasn't sure how it was down in OK! I have check all those runs out and look solid, different than the PNW but good to see different side of the US.

I'll ask this question cause I think it's been asked before but can't find the answer. I get my jeep back from getting regeared tomorrow and was wondering do u need to go ez for the first 500 miles before going to the trail or are u good to go? Just ask cause I want to go out to the trail just not sure if I should or just wait to get a few miles on the gears.

Top Bottom