WAVE From Lemoore Ca

clownman

Hi everyone!!! While this is not my first jeep, it is my first Wrangler, I've been wheeling and wrenching since I was a kid with my dad and I am slowly getting the wife hooked on the sport too after a trip in my 2000 Cherokee on 33's and 4.5" lift.

Fast forward a month or two and we finally pulled the trigger on a 2010 Jeep JKU Rubicon for the wife to DD and to wheel on the weekends with the Cherokee. Now I had hesitations about this vehicle because it was someone's project and pretty modified according to him, and since he "owned" his own shop and talked a good talk I figured he was legit and could be trusted to build a good rig. We go look at the rig, wheel it a bit, test drive it and all is good to go so we shake hands and do the deal.

Well turns out this guy is not what he said he was, and were lucky this thing has not burnt to the ground or rolled over and died yet in the 20 or so miles we have been able to drive it in the two months we have owned it. The jeep has been on jacks pretty much since the day we bought it trying to diagnose a severe case of death wobble (that was supposedly fixed while) and numerous electrical issues that he did not disclose.

Needless to say we are a bit depressed with our supposed daily driver purchase but hey its only money and we will have it back on the road soon after all new steering and probably new knuckles. I have read a lot on the forum and this is my first post, I hope to learn a lot more about these vehicles and that we get this thing back on the road asap so I can revitalize the fire that we had when we first purchased this jeep.

On to the pictures!!!
FullSizeRender.jpg
This was the first attempt at picking up the jeep, we drove it about 5 miles to get food before the drive home, got on the freeway and instant death wobble at 55 MPH. Immediately turned around and dropped it back off with the shop owner to again "fix" it as he said he would.
IMG_1812.JPG
Finally delivered after 2 weeks of working but now without the hydraulic ram assist steering, no Delphi box and PSC sector shaft, and a leaking china steering box. Not happy but glad it was now in my possession.
IMG_1841.JPG
After a test drive, and confirmation the wobble was fixed (it was not) we went and got new tires for it to hopefully help.

New steering box will be going in this weekend and hopefully back on the road!!!! I will be making a build thread/repair thread to document all the fixes I have had to make thus far as well as some serious improvements that need to be addressed.

Thanks,
Chris and Leyanne

Should have come here before buying that rig. We could have given you the low down on the owner and "shop" owner.

Thanks guys!!! And yea it was Travis' /Brut4ce Off-road jeep and I wish I had seen all the reviews of his projects and problems before we bought this thing. Apparently this is par for the course when dealing with him.

Any locals know the closest trails to go test this thing out on in the coming weeks?

I feel for ya Chris, hope all went well on your way home the other day.

How about a picture with the Hardtop on?

& BTW - great pictures of your two rigs!!

Pastorwug!!! Yea we made it home safe and the top looks and fits great, I will get some pics up as soon as it back on the ground and in the sunlight!! It was great meeting you and thanks again. As for the price, since I paid over 20k for it I got screwed, totally not worth it plus the extra 500 bucks for the ram assist steering that he never followed through on.

JKRicky, where do you wheel at around here? Im heading to NV for Thanksgiving and im hoping i have this thing road worthy by then.

I'm working on finishing up rewiring all of the lights that came on the rig right now adn just got the new redneck ram assist in tonight!!

There are a good amount of trails up above Shaver Lake area. Easier trails such as Bald Mountain, harder/longer trails such as the Dusy Ershim. Couple of of other destinations are Red Lake, Coyote Lake, Strawberry Lake. You can also wheel in Hollister but I've never been.

Welcome from bakersfield! Very sorry to hear about your purchase. I dont have a lot of extra cash, so when I spend, i buy with what i can afford. That would have made me downright upset. I understand your frustration!

I will be wheeling bald mtn the next week. Send me a message if you want to tag along. It will be my first time on the trail, so company is always welcome. I heard its not hard, but there is a "harder trail", and I think its the only trail open this time of year worth wheeling.

Good luck, and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom