Wave from Georgia (orig from PA)

MonkeyLeo13

Hey all! Well I joined this forum two years ago when I bought new jeep 2012 JKU black attitude edition (safari) when I traded in my truck for it which I do still miss it. I didn’t participate this forum at all because all knowledge and information already there so it really useful. This year, finally start to get a few mod like tires (got Toyo Open Country 35" but not installed yet), wheel spacers, and BB 2.5 lift.

Anyway, I should tell how I got this jeep. At first when I saw Jeep JKU black with lift, maybe 33in tires back in 2007 when I lived in Pittsburgh, PA. Man I was fell in love so I researched and realized I’m not ready to buy it yet due to engine and mpg. Also I was really focusing on motorcycle project back then.

Fast forward: last june 2012, my wife and I saw a jeep tj (maybe jk) that hat had a trailer hitched and I don’t know how we started talking about it. I always wanted a Jeep Unlimited Wrangler, but it was just never the right time in the past. My wife wanted it and said we can use a trailer so we didn’t need a truck and she preferred the Jeep over my truck because she didn’t like to drive the "big" truck. That when I started to think a lot about moving forward with the Jeep. I learned about new engine and interior (that started 2011) I started to get obsessed lately and talking about the Jeep a lot, which drives my wife nuts.

Somehow we talked and my wife thinks I should go ahead to trade it if it was a good deal during the first week of July since I saw a big discount on the Jeep Unlimited Wrangler. We went and got good deal.

If I go back and start again, I probably would have got rubicon or maybe sport to save money in long run. Well I’m not going to complain because I will get my hand dirty and keep me busy to work on my jeep in future like swap transfer case from 2:1 to 4:1 and replace axles in future.

So my plan right now to enjoy and get more experience with off road. I had a lot of experience with ATV and old dirt bike in past, love it. But with real vehicle 4x4 off road like jeep, it not simple and feel like I need to know the limit and get experience, understand better before upgrade some mod for my jeep. Really enjoy it a lot.

I subscribed a lot threads on this forum and looking forward to gain more knowledge from you guys. :thumb: Hope I able to post sometimes. Glad I don't live in PA due to their strict law about jeep like fender!

DSC04185.jpg

DSC04267.jpg

Got new tires (Toyo Open Country 35x12.5x18) last Aug but I haven't install it yet, maybe this weekend. I need to weld C gussets ASAP!
DSC05151.jpg

Welcome to wayalife from a PA guy who has no issues with the laws...... so far ;) :cheesy:

Welcome to wayalife from a PA guy who has no issues with the laws...... so far ;) :cheesy:

LOL Hey, I really enjoy read your build thread! My parents who's still live in PA, their neighbor (my childhood friend) got jeep and not sure if I recall, he got new tires that not full cover by fender, maybe a little bit and no issue so far. Well it not oblivously anyway! Looking forward to see more what's coming on your build thread.

LOL Hey, I really enjoy read your build thread! My parents who's still live in PA, their neighbor (my childhood friend) got jeep and not sure if I recall, he got new tires that not full cover by fender, maybe a little bit and no issue so far. Well it not oblivously anyway! Looking forward to see more what's coming on your build thread.

yea my fenders dont cover my tires either but i havent been harassed about it yet lol cant wait till i go to a 13.5" wide Mud Grappler lol thank you man!

Thank you guys! Oh I'm actually deaf but probably not like you care anyway :idontknow:

We care :yup: did you go deaf overtime or were you born deaf?

My cousin was born deaf actually. He's actually planning on coming with me on Saturday.

Oh that would be cool! Unfortuntely I already have a plan. I'm definitely will keep you in touch in future. I tend to go out with my friend (deaf) who has 4 runner and on Jan or Feb, his brother (hearing) should finish with his FJ40 project so he able to join us!

We care :yup: did you go deaf overtime or were you born deaf?
Born deaf :idontknow: It possible that my mom was really sick when she was pregnant. I dunno.

Top Bottom