water leaking?

desertrunner

a few months back i hydrolocked my 3.8 on my 08 JK. I had the engine replaced by a shop here in town and so far so good. I have made a few wheeling trips with it including a 600 mile round trip drive out to grand junction and it is running great, but about 2 months ago when my fiance was driving behind me she noticed something dripping form the bottom of my jeep. when i stopped i had a good sized puddle under my jeep and off of my skip plates i had pretty steady dripping of water. the water was really clean like almost bottled water clean no oil so i wasnt too worried about it but still now, months after getting the engine replace it is still leaking water. when it is just sitting for a few days it does not leak but every time i drive somewhere and i park i have a decent sized puddle of water under the jeep. when i took a look around underneath everything is dry except the spot where my engine connects to my transmission, it is pretty wet just in that spot like i just hosed it down. obviously the stuff im leaking isnt vital because i have driven it quite a bit without any issues but it is still concerning to see such a big puddle of water under my jeep. for the life of me i cannot think of where this water would be coming from any thoughts?

this is how wet it looks after i drive it. like i said everything dripping off of it looks like clean water so i am stumped on where it is coming from

IMAG1708.jpg

Water drips from mine when I have the A/C going. Sometimes depending on how humid it is, I'll find a good size puddle under my rig. Do some tests driving with and without A/C and see when the water is present. I would be almost positive it’s your A/C condenser (happens in all A/C equipped vehs) since its just clean water. I don’t think you have much to worry about man. :pop2:

If it is clean water about the only thing it can be is water draining from the AC. As mentioned earlier... The more humid it it outside the more it will drain.

Also, The AC compressor and system runs sometimes even when not using AC. For example: it is active when running the defroster/defogger even when the temp is on full heat. It does this to assist in drying the air.

it has been a bit more humid lately with all these crazy rain storms we have been having in CO so maybe that is it ill drive around with the AC on and off and see if it changes as all. at least i know it inst something i should worry about thanks guys :thumb:

I noticed that mine is doing it also (no A/C on). It coming from a rubber overflow pipe just above the transmission on the driver side. The pipe looks to me like its designed to allow water to escape so don't think its anything to be too worried about...

I cant't figure out why the pics are sideways... The pictures need to be rotated 90degrees clockwise...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 68
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Its probably the drain for the wiper cowl then. Mud, dirt, leaves, or whatever gets down in the cowl and clogs the donkey dick and prevents it from draining quickly. That would be the next logical explanation if it happens without the ac running.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Its probably the drain for the wiper cowl then. Mud, dirt, leaves, or whatever gets down in the cowl and clogs the donkey dick and prevents it from draining quickly. That would be the next logical explanation if it happens without the ac running.

What? Lol .....

:eek: my Jeep has a donkey dick??? :cheesy:

Yep. It does. It's not as big as you guys are hoping;):D

It's not a technical term. But its the drain for the drain for the wiper cowl area. Not 100% sure on the jk, but they are usually right at the front of the tranny tunnel, usually toward the passenger side above the frame rail. It's alittle rubber 90° elbow that tapers off on the end. Thats where it plugs up at.

Yep. It does. It's not as big as you guys are hoping;):D

It's not a technical term. But its the drain for the drain for the wiper cowl area. Not 100% sure on the jk, but they are usually right at the front of the tranny tunnel, usually toward the passenger side above the frame rail. It's alittle rubber 90° elbow that tapers off on the end. Thats where it plugs up at.

yea..i knew what you were referencing, just never heard it called a donky dick .. still makes me laugh

my Rubicon letters are coming off, maybe to replace them with HEE HAW, HEE HAW

Top Bottom