Watcha cookin'?

Ldogg

Made burgers on the grill yesterday, but instead if direct heat searing I tried something different and seared at the end of the cook. Started off with a good 80/20 ground beef. Added worchestshire and traeger beef shake and rub and made patties. That's the usual part, next I fired up the grill. It's a 6 burner weber. I left 3 off in the middle and got temps to about 250-275. I put the burgers on but in the indirect section not above the fire and ran it for about 35-45 minutes or so. Then I brushed them with oil and a light dash of sea salt and moved them onto direct heat. The caused quite a flair up but flame seared them to the right color. You have to be careful and flip often so you don't burn them. After a good sear I moved them back to indirect heat, added cheese and then toasted a couple buns with butter on the grill. I ended up putting a cookie sheet on direct heat for a couple minutes with the buns to really crisp them up without burning them. Anyway plated them, let them sit for a couple minutes for the juices to redistribute and had dinner. They were super juicy and really really good. Going to try it again for sure.

Tackerdown

Banned
Today the wife is making chicken and dumplings frim scratch if course. uploadfromtaptalk1380665618392.jpg I don't know why I'm nit fatter.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Crawler Kitty

Chicken with homegrown garlic, tomatoes and basil add skittle chicken broth and buttah toss with red pepper flakes and pasta! Hit the spot! Next time adding spinach and other veggies! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380692494.109156.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380692505.960160.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm stuck at work, but wife sent me a pic of some of the bacon wrapped mahi mahi she made for dinner.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380927228.910485.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Stuffed breakfast acorn squash.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380985277.363635.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380985292.838916.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380985302.852186.jpg

Acorn squash, onion, garlic, pork sausage and an egg.

So good!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Looks like a lot of work, but a delicious payoff to boot.

Not much work at all. Super simple actually. Cook the squash in the oven. While that is cooking dice and saute onions and garlic (I keep chopped garlic in my freezer--pro tip: do a ton at a time and freeze it in ice cube trays), add the sausage. When squash is done, scrape out the meat, combine it with sausage and onions, then put all of the mixture back in the squash shells, drop in an egg and cook in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.

Words alone cannot describe how delicious and satisfying it was. :cheesy:

Recipe on www.paleomg.com

Top Bottom