Wash/detailing

Sgt_USMC

What does everyone use? I’m going to get together a much better system to clean and care for the Jeep than what I have been using. I currently use a new sponge and dish soap in a bucket. I am interested I. What y’all use for both the painted surfaces and the undercarriage.

Thank you in advance for your input!

onlyone

Dish soap once. It removes all your wax etc. Use an actual car wash soap after, doesn’t really matter which. Clay bar/ Clay mitt the painted surface and windows using suds from car soap or quick detailer. You don’t need to do this every time. Maybe once a year.

25% Isopropyl alcohol distilled water mix to clean the surface prior to Ceramic coat. It’s cheap.
Ceramic coat. Pretty much any kind will do. I use chemical guys stuff a lot of times. It’s so much easier than wax and lasts quite a bit longer. You can use ceramic coat on everything. Yes, everything. It makes black plastic look new and windows protected like rain x.

Don’t over think it. Most products are good stuff. Pick the name Brands that are cheaper. They all work fine. The ceramic coat might last a year but don’t expect it to. It’s so fast and easy to apply, it doesn’t really matter. Apply small amount to applicator, apply in small sections (2ft x 2ft) wait 90 seconds, wipe off. It sure makes everything look good and so much nicer to wash. Try to keep it out of the elements for several hours to a full day to let it cure.

Many times you don’t need soap or a sponge, just spray it off. Undercarriage just pressure wash with soap.

Last edited:

Sgt_USMC

Thanks for the info! I am also going to invest in a canopy (that has removable walls) so that I can wash it without it drying too fast. The house we live at in SD doesn’t have a garage that I can use or a carport so I figure a good canopy will help immensely. That way it won’t get super hot before I wash it and I can keep it covered while the ceramic coating cures when that time comes.

What does everyone use? I’m going to get together a much better system to clean and care for the Jeep than what I have been using. I currently use a new sponge and dish soap in a bucket. I am interested I. What y’all use for both the painted surfaces and the undercarriage.

Thank you in advance for your input!
I am using an auto-cleaing brush with high quality auto-cleaing soap (Meguiar's). Also some Meguiar's wheel cleaner. Then I use a leaf blower to remove most of the water and a chamois skin to finish it.

Getting the bugs off the front of the Jeep takes a long time.

There is not enough energy remaining to Ceramic Coat.

Top Bottom