Warn Winches Flash Sale!

Exodus 4x4

I'd buy one right now if Jeep would have let us 'little people' order Gladiators already. :sigh:

Gladiator? Yeah we are waiting for them to let us order one right now. Dealerships are worthless around here, and we have one of the few stand alone Jeep dealerships in the country. You’d think they’d have more insight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The rope design is bad. The rope itself is Dyneema. I should have clarified that. Just cut off the sheathed section to around 60-65ft. It is more than just binding up and rubbing. When you get several wrapped layers you your winch power drops. On short pulls your 10K winch just dropped to 8K or less.

Maybe, but my experience (not mathematical physical equations) has been wonderful. My Jeep fully loaded is about 6k in weight. I'm using a warn Zeon 8s and pretty much every time that I've used it has been pulling uphill even in snow and mud. No issues thus far and pulls the Jeep with no strain. I get what you're saying though.

WJCO

Meme King
Dealerships are worthless around here, and we have one of the few stand alone Jeep dealerships in the country. You’d think they’d have more insight.

I don't think they're getting clear cut info from FCA. Same thing has happened to me. I'm in regular contact with my salesperson and they're not getting solid info from FCA. I've tried 4 times to get this ordered and there's nothing they can do. (Unless I wanted the launch edition that one day).

Exodus 4x4

I don't think they're getting clear cut info from FCA. Same thing has happened to me. I'm in regular contact with my salesperson and they're not getting solid info from FCA. I've tried 4 times to get this ordered and there's nothing they can do. (Unless I wanted the launch edition that one day).

Yeah and fuck that. No way I was paying $63k for something I’m going to reboot immediately. We are ordering the Sport S with the max tow package and immediately re-gearing it. I don’t have any real interest in going full potato on the truck since it really isn’t going off road. 2.5” lift, 5.13’s, 37’s, and maybe a rear locker.

JKbrick

Yeah and fuck that. No way I was paying $63k for something I’m going to reboot immediately. We are ordering the Sport S with the max tow package and immediately re-gearing it. I don’t have any real interest in going full potato on the truck since it really isn’t going off road. 2.5” lift, 5.13’s, 37’s, and maybe a rear locker.

Is this going to be your next give away? [emoji23][emoji23]

WJCO

Meme King

Sweet. Cant wait to see it.

Sounds somewhat like us. Sport S Max tow as well. 35s for the occasional trip to Bed Bath And Beyond (if they don't close our store). We're going to keep the 4.10 gears. Feedback with the 8 SPD and 4.10s is good even with 37s. Before you regear, did you watch the WAYALIFE/Dynatrac video about the outboard pinion bearing with the plastic cage?

Exodus 4x4

Sweet. Cant wait to see it.

Sounds somewhat like us. Sport S Max tow as well. 35s for the occasional trip to Bed Bath And Beyond (if they don't close our store). We're going to keep the 4.10 gears. Feedback with the 8 SPD and 4.10s is good even with 37s. Before you regear, did you watch the WAYALIFE/Dynatrac video about the outboard pinion bearing with the plastic cage?

We’ve don’t some re-gears already. I’m not impressed.

Beasticon

I’m no engineer, but I’m pretty sure that is true with any winch regardless of the synthetic rope. Pulling power drops substantially with anything more than a few layers on the drum.

If you use a snatch block the 100 foot comes in handy and increases the power. Never had a problem with my Zeon synthetic with multiple pulls over the last couple of years, I do keep it covered though.

Exodus 4x4

Anybody making a replacement steel cage bearing or are you having to reuse/replace with the OEM plastic one?

Only Spicer is carrying that bearing, as far as I know. Fortunately the few we’ve done had such low mileage that we didn’t replace it. The pinion shins are under the outer race, so no need to replace it unless the mileage is getting up there.

WJCO

Meme King
Only Spicer is carrying that bearing, as far as I know. Fortunately the few we’ve done had such low mileage that we didn’t replace it. The pinion shins are under the outer race, so no need to replace it unless the mileage is getting up there.

Good to hear. Hope I don't ever have to deal with it. Power train warranty is 5/60. What color are you going with?

Exodus 4x4

Good to hear. Hope I don't ever have to deal with it. Power train warranty is 5/60. What color are you going with?

I haven’t made up my mind yet. I want Stingray, but hate the thought of trying to keep it clean. White is a less maintenance to keep clean, looks great, and carries across every year model. It’s also very common though. I’m leaning heavily on Gobi since it looks good and we recently wrapped the JK a similar color. What about you guys?

Brute

Hooked
Which is one of the benefits of a longer line. Spool out more, use a snatch block, and gain significant mechanical advantage over a single line pull.

Exactly...

And you never know when the only winch point is a bit farther away...

I haven’t made up my mind yet. I want Stingray, but hate the thought of trying to keep it clean. White is a less maintenance to keep clean, looks great, and carries across every year model. It’s also very common though. I’m leaning heavily on Gobi since it looks good and we recently wrapped the JK a similar color. What about you guys?

My JK is Gobi and I love it. Don’t see many around here and as far as dirt it’s not too bad. Filth from just commuting just makes it appear darker.

Top Bottom