Warn Winch

WJCO

Meme King
Did not know if people where going thru a accessory fuse panel.

Not with that gauge of wire. I've never heard of it anyway. I have seen people get the extended/aux battery terminals that fit like 5 cables and hook a winch to that though. But that's still right at the battery. What were you thinking of doing?

whytiptoe

Not with that gauge of wire. I've never heard of it anyway. I have seen people get the extended/aux battery terminals that fit like 5 cables and hook a winch to that though. But that's still right at the battery. What were you thinking of doing?

That is why I was asking, I was going to go straight to the battery, but if there was a "better" way of doing it that is what I wanted to do.

JoeB-JKURX

JK 10A, X, HR Winch Plates

I have the same bumper as the OP and a Warn Cti-S. Took the ends off and had receivers for my motorhome tow bar mounted to replace the crush cans under the plastic tits. While in there, I had a custom winch plate made (at a local shop) but have since heard that Maximus-3 has a plate that works as well or better than the Mopar and is quite a bit cheaper. If Jeep hasn't centered the hole in the bumper (it was originally designed for off-center use with the Warn 9.5 ti) you will have to extend the slot towards the passenger side for use with the Zeons.

whytiptoe

Next Question

Winch hook, Flat Link, UltraHook, Prolink, or something else?

Right now I have the Warn Epic winch hook.

thanks in advance.

Evil

Use your Warn Epic hook, its better then what comes with the winch. I run a Factor 55 Thimble and just got a Flat Link. Both safer then the hooks for true closed loop winching.

ttfhell

Use your Warn Epic hook, its better then what comes with the winch. I run a Factor 55 Thimble and just got a Flat Link. Both safer then the hooks for true closed loop winching.

What's "true closed loop winching"?

My vote is for the hook. Quick, easy, people don't yell at you while you're looking for another d-ring....

whytiptoe

That's why I was considering the alternates for the close loop. But for quick pulls with little strain, I know I'll get flamed for that comment, I feel the epic hook will be good. Or at least till I figure out what I want to go with.

Brute

Hooked
New winch will come with a hook. I just use that one. It's been fine.

Original hook is fine...there is one advantage to a flat link, however...you don't have any exposed winch line/cable if you do run your bumper into a rock or ledge and damage it...

Top Bottom