Warn Winch issues

Rox Star

I have a Warn Power Plant that has stopped working. I have taken the contactor off and checked the motor. It runs both ways. I have tried another controller with no luck.

Emails to Warn have fallen silent. My question is: Is there a way to check the contactor to see if it is functioning? I'd hate to buy a new on only to find out I have a bad pressure switch or thermal switch.

Any tips would be appreciated!!!

I have a Warn Power Plant that has stopped working. I have taken the contactor off and checked the motor. It runs both ways. I have tried another controller with no luck.

Emails to Warn have fallen silent. My question is: Is there a way to check the contactor to see if it is functioning? I'd hate to buy a new on only to find out I have a bad pressure switch or thermal switch.

Any tips would be appreciated!!!

What part stopped working? No compressor or not spooling?

It just clicks. No winding and no air

Take the cover off and start
Checking voltages. You do need a good ground so if your bench testing run a set of jumper cables to the leads From your battery.

Diagram for reference.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430801907.605257.jpg.

Is it under a year old? If so, they have a list of repair shops that handle warranty issues.

Now it is over a year old. I got it from a buddy who lives in MN. I was worried about corrosion, of course. We got it onto the bench and ran jumpers to the motor. It turned each way.

The contactor is sealed so I can not check the solenoids. I suspect this is where the issue lies. Warn did tell me they had poor contactors back in the day.

Take the cover off and start
Checking voltages. You do need a good ground so if your bench testing run a set of jumper cables to the leads From your battery.

Diagram for reference.
View attachment 141215.

The posts that the contactor connects to the motor are exposed. I didn't think to check to see if they are getting juice. I'll throw a meter on them...how did I not think of this:mad:

The posts that the contactor connects to the motor are exposed. I didn't think to check to see if they are getting juice. I'll throw a meter on them...how did I not think of this:mad:

Based on the diagram above you should also be able to measure power at the remote connection

Go to Warn's website and look for the trouble shooting PDF's, it will tell you what's what. BTW you do not have an air hose on the compressor output right? If you do once it builds presser it will shut off everything.

Go to Warn's website and look for the trouble shooting PDF's, it will tell you what's what. BTW you do not have an air hose on the compressor output right? If you do once it builds presser it will shut off everything.

No hose attached. I'm going to try to measure volts where contactor meets motor to see if it's getting juice tomorrow.

Top Bottom