Warn Power Plant or ARB twin compressor

steadfast91

I am getting ready to start a new build and looking for some opinions on onboard air. My new build will be setting on 40's. I currently have the ARB twin compressor and it works great with 37's. Although I worry if the thing is going to blow up or melt from getting so hot. I am wounding if the Warn power plant is more have duty and I like the idea that is all in one unit and no need to plumb any air lines.
Thoughts?

ARB lockers or no? If so, much easier to use them with a dedicated compressor compared to the Power Plant.

I was debating the same topic... Just bought a co2 tank even though I have a compressor for my arb lockers

I have the twin ARB and it's ok for filing tires but I mounted a 2.5 gallon air tank under the jeep, opposite the muffler and it will run an impact gun one tire at a time. When it's full, airs up a 37 inch tire from 8 psi to 32 psi in 2 min. Then I let it recover. About 12 min to air back up from the trail. Without the air tank it was really slow. I can't speak for the output of the power plant, never seen one in action.

Air lockers or no? If so, would love to hear how you have it plumbed.

*Nevermind. Just looked at your profile, looks like stock lockers.

No, just for tires. If and when I get lockers, I'll put a dedicated compressor under the hood.

Cozdude and I have had no issues with our twins holding up, we both filled up our sets on one of the last trips out 35 and 37s, and filled a few guys sets as well.

Cozdude and I have had no issues with our twins holding up, we both filled up our sets on one of the last trips out 35 and 37s, and filled a few guys sets as well.

I've got the ARB Twin as well. I have air lockers front and rear and I'm on 40's and haven't had any issues yet as far as filling my tires. Do I fill my tires in record speed? Probably not, but I stepped up from a portable Shittybuilt compressor so it's definitely record speed compared to before.

I've got the ARB Twin as well. I have air lockers front and rear and I'm on 40's and haven't had any issues yet as far as filling my tires. Do I fill my tires in record speed? Probably not, but I stepped up from a portable Shittybuilt compressor so it's definitely record speed compared to before.

Smittybilt and 40's? Lol.. this might be faster

Attachments

• 1415199403953.jpg
    1415199403953.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 72
I've got the ARB Twin and it inflates my 37s just fine and usually ends up filling a few of my buddies' 35s also. It has 100% duty cycle so shouldn't blow up. I already had a winch so I didn't want to spend the cash on the power plant. The other factor was I was planning for the future for when my E-lockers go out I can put ARB lockers in and already have the compressor to run the lockers. Those were some of the reasons I went with ARB. I will also say ARB has great service. I blew one of the compressor motors out after a electrical issue and when I emailed ARB describing the problem, with no questions asked, they shipped me a new motor. I didn't even have to give them a serial number and it was all done via email. :thumb:

I don't think you can loose with the power plant either though. WARN makes really good stuff! I wish I had bought a WARN winch. When this one dies I will.

Top Bottom