WARN 62132 Power Interrupt Kit

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Part of my doctoral research, my doctoral dissertation, and prototypes I am building & potentially patenting ... are focused on 12V DC electronics. In my situation, it's definitely not a matter of hypothetical scenarios--heard on the Internet--scaring me.

:)

You are one dense mother fucker. And what kind of retard shares an account with their spouse on the Internet? Hopefully you can't reproduce.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

onbelay

You are one dense mother fucker. And what kind of retard shares an account with their spouse on the Internet? Hopefully you can't reproduce.

Pardon? I don't share an account. My husband posted once or twice from me on this forum or another, and made sure to specify that in the post(s). I am conducting research on 12V DC electronics to incorporate into medical devices, military gear, athletic apparel, and so on. These devices include conductive threads, flexible/sewable solar panels, batteries, memory wire, and many other materials. Literally, I am working on patents. My husband is in medical school and helping with the research from a biomedical standpoint.

You're completely out of line and I'm not sure why I am taking the time to dignify your post with a response. I think, perhaps, it's for the benefit of others.

Anyhow, on to what is important: there is a best practice to disconnect high amperage circuits. Anyone with competency in DC (or even AC), regardless of current, knows this. The best practice exists regardless of how hard one wheels, how many Jeeps they own, or where the vehicle is driven.

I hope our input has, or will, help others make better informed decisions.

Stay safe.

WJCO

Meme King
Pardon? I don't share an account. My husband posted once or twice from me on this forum or another, and made sure to specify that in the post(s). I am conducting research on 12V DC electronics to incorporate into medical devices, military gear, athletic apparel, and so on. These devices include conductive threads, flexible/sewable solar panels, batteries, memory wire, and many other materials. Literally, I am working on patents. My husband is in medical school and helping with the research from a biomedical standpoint.

You're completely out of line and I'm not sure why I am taking the time to dignify your post with a response. I think, perhaps, it's for the benefit of others.

Anyhow, on to what is important: there is a best practice to disconnect high amperage circuits. Anyone with competency in DC (or even AC), regardless of current, knows this. The best practice exists regardless of how hard one wheels, how many Jeeps they own, or where the vehicle is driven.

Stay safe.

e6c0f87a83565496a4633f31e488c9bb83fb420cb9423025b698e48b193cb70a.jpg .......

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Stay safe.

Refer to my previous post. Hopefully your post will make people think twice about not pulling out.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Dear God. Anything that is attached to my battery could catch fire!

giphy.gif

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyhow, on to what is important: there is a best practice to disconnect high amperage circuits. Anyone with competency in DC (or even AC), regardless of current, knows this.

Funny how factory or dealership installed Mopar winches don't come with a disconnect or that any winch sold for that matter doesn't come with them. You know, being that this is such well know and real threat known by anyone who's competent in DC or even AC regardless of current. :rolleyes2:

The best practice exists regardless of how hard one wheels, how many Jeeps they own, or where the vehicle is driven.

LOL!! Since you seem to be a bit slow and missed the point I was trying to make, my illustration of the Jeeps I own was to demonstrate how unsafe they are. As far as how hard one wheels or where they drive goes, I'd be willing to bet you have NEVER personally witnessed an engine fire of any kind outside of a laboratory if even that. Your faith in what you think you've learned dictates your fears and like some kind of forum messiah, you feel the need to convince others they should be weary of their own shadow and that people should listen to you because you've told them how smart you are. :rolleyes2:

Stay safe.

Right, never drive your Jeep because you could die.

SDG

Caught the Bug

Stay safe.
DC electronics?!?!? Sounds like cutting edge research. Can you use DC to control stuff like they do in compruters?

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

onbelay

Funny how factory or dealership installed Mopar winches don't come with a disconnect or that any winch sold for that matter doesn't come with them. You know, being that this is such well know and real threat known by anyone who's competent in DC or even AC regardless of current. :rolleyes2:

LOL!! Since you seem to be a bit slow and missed the point I was trying to make, my illustration of the Jeeps I own was to demonstrate how unsafe they are. As far as how hard one wheels or where they drive goes, I'd be willing to bet you have NEVER personally witnessed an engine fire of any kind outside of a laboratory if even that. Your faith in what you think you've learned dictates your fears and like some kind of forum messiah, you feel the need to convince others they should be weary of their own shadow and that people should listen to you because you've told them how smart you are. :rolleyes2:

Right, never drive your Jeep because you could die.

See, this is the problem Eddie. In typical form you made an absolutely condescending comment re: me formulating my idea(s) after reading scary stories on the Internet. You were flat out wrong. I countered with valid information that 12V DC is something that I know quite a bit about, and stated my activities. Rather than say, "Cool", or accept the viewpoint of another ... or heaven forbid apologize or admit you are wrong ... you just have to keep piling it on. You piled it on to another forum member who is a subject matter expect in DC electronics as well. And then you repeatedly refer to my statement of activities and research as insecurity, trying to be a forum messiah, trying to convince others how smart I am, etc., when in fact it was really a counter to something YOU said in the first place. My credentials or activities never would have come up had you not decided to be an ass. Got it?

Don't BS me and the others on this forum. You brought up the number of Jeeps you own as evidence of your superior experience. Period. Don't try to re-frame it. And don't try to re-frame your condescending comments to the other forum member re: "not wheeling hard enough" as legitimate self-deprecating humor. Both of your statements were blatantly passive aggressive, and your attempts to disguise them as anything BUT are absolutely pathetic.

I have never stated or implied someone should be afraid of their own shadow. That's in your head. Again, another fabrication.

I have seen car fires outside of a laboratory environment. So you lost whatever bet you made in your head.

For the record, you were wrong about the winch disconnect, wrong about my reasons for arriving at my conclusions, and wrong about my witnessing a car fire outside of a laboratory environment. In fact, I cannot recall a single correct statement you have made re: me or the subject.

The sad part -- well it's kind of funny, actually -- is that so many of the things you have attributed to me are actually projections of your own insecurities. Why do you continue to alienate an incredible number of people who once held you in high regard--myself included? I have heard of, and seen, this same scenario unfold over almost a decade. On any given day, we can peruse this forum and see an argument you have started or propagated. Another member lost. Another story someone will tell about you elsewhere. More
potential damage to your reputation and brand. I wonder, is that really your WayaLife?

We might agree on this, though: I do actually want to convince one person to protect himself from himself. That is you, Eddie. I can't of course, and you won't, of course, and the eventual implosion will also be sad ... and funny. :)

I won't read whatever you or your henchmen have to say after this post. Feel free to flame on, reinforce each other. Take your confirmation bias to the stratosphere. I will no longer be a part of any of this. My WayaLife is the high road.

-Dawn Marie

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
See, this is the problem Eddie. In typical form you made an absolutely condescending comment re: me formulating my idea(s) after reading scary stories on the Internet. You were flat out wrong. I countered with valid information that 12V DC is something that I know quite a bit about, and stated my activities.

Right, because even though I don't know you from Adam, you telling me as much on the internet should mean something. :rolleyes2:

Rather than say, "Cool", or accept the viewpoint of another ... or heaven forbid apologize or admit you are wrong ... you just have to keep piling it on.

:cheesy: Right, apologize for laughing at you for trying to qualify yourself by posting up how important and smart you are.

You piled it on to another forum member who is a subject matter expect in DC electronics as well.

Of course, because he posted how important and smart he is on the internet, I should have bowed down to him too. :rolleyes2:

And then you repeatedly refer to my statement of activities and research as insecurity, trying to be a forum messiah, trying to convince others how smart I am, etc., when in fact it was really a counter to something YOU said in the first place. My credentials or activities never would have come up had you not decided to be an ass. Got it?

Secure people don't feel the need to post up their credentials or activities and the only reason why you think I'm an ass is because you don't like the fact that I called you out on it. If there were any merit to anything you had to say, you'd back it up with proof instead of hypothetical scenarios or personal experience instead of your claimed credentials or activities.

Don't BS me and the others on this forum. You brought up the number of Jeeps you own as evidence of your superior experience. Period.

Right, that's why I took the time to specifically point out how they didn't have shoulder belts, air bags, roll bars, crumple zones and how one even has a dangerous gas tank under the driver seat. I mean, why else would I take the time to mention all that other than to tout how experienced I am.

Don't try to re-frame it. And don't try to re-frame your condescending comments to the other forum member re: "not wheeling hard enough" as legitimate self-deprecating humor. Both of your statements were blatantly passive aggressive, and your attempts to disguise them as anything BUT are absolutely pathetic.

Clearly, you choose to believe whatever it is you want to believe and get butthurt for people even though they weren't. Last I checked, the member in question and I walked away from the discussion and without a problem.

I have never stated or implied someone should be afraid of their own shadow. That's in your head. Again, another fabrication.

Funny, I could have sworn the whole point to all this was to make the case that we'll all die without some kind of disconnect. I mean, anyone who's competent in DC or even AC regardless of current knows as much :idontknow:

I have seen car fires outside of a laboratory environment. So you lost whatever bet you made in your head.

For the record, you were wrong about the winch disconnect, wrong about my reasons for arriving at my conclusions, and wrong about my witnessing a car fire outside of a laboratory environment. In fact, I cannot recall a single correct statement you have made re: me or the subject.

If you say as much on the internet, it must be true. After all, you told me that you've done part of your doctoral research, your doctoral dissertation, and prototypes you're building & potentially patenting all focused on 12V DC electronics. :crazyeyes:

The sad part -- well it's kind of funny, actually -- is that so many of the things you have attributed to me are actually projections of your own insecurities. Why do you continue to alienate an incredible number of people who once held you in high regard--myself included?

The sad part -- well, it's kind of funny actually -- is that insecure people like you would have ever held me in such high regard in the first place. You can say that I'm just attributing my supposed insecurities onto you if it helps you to sleep better at night but really, I just don't care for self-important people and I just call it like I see it.

I have heard of, and seen, this same scenario unfold over almost a decade. On any given day, we can peruse this forum and see an argument you have started or propagated. Another member lost. Another story someone will tell about you elsewhere. More
potential damage to your reputation and brand. I wonder, is that really your WayaLife?

And I have heard and seen this same scenario unfold for well over a decade. On any given day, someone insecure like yourself will come on to this forum, throw around your self-importance and then get butthurt when a nobody like me isn't impressed. Unlike you, I have no need to build a reputation or brand or try to get people to hold me in such high regard. Certainly, I've never asked for it.

We might agree on this, though: I do actually want to convince one person to protect himself from himself. That is you, Eddie. I can't of course, and you won't, of course, and the eventual implosion will also be sad ... and funny. :)

I'm touched... sincerely. Hold onto your faith in my eventual implosion and may it give you hope in your life. :yup:

I won't read whatever you or your henchmen have to say after this post. Feel free to flame on, reinforce each other. Take your confirmation bias to the stratosphere. I will no longer be a part of any of this. My WayaLife is the high road.

-Dawn Marie

:standing wave:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Uh oh, I tried to use my winch and ended up in 1955. I'm going to try to get a few good deals on some Jeeps while I'm here and store them away for my future self.

I can't resist BTTF humor...

Top Bottom