wanted River Raider Skids 2012+ 4 door

twoxstreem

Looking for the river raider transfer case skid and gas tank skid for a 2012+ 4 door.

I already have the engine skid.

Thanks

Josh

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, keep what you got. Here's a shot of the River Raiders skid just after one hit vs. a factory skid.

skidplate-abuse.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Isn't River raider the skids the guy on the 2013 JKX had that they had to remove 1000 bolts and hot ass skid plates to fix his transfer case?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Isn't River raider the skids the guy on the 2013 JKX had that they had to remove 1000 bolts and hot ass skid plates to fix his transfer case?

Yep, it took a couple hours to get that shit out of the way to fix the shifter cable. After a couple hours the t case was still extremely hot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Ummm, we never got the skid plate off. We were only able to get to half the bolts and then just bent it down as far as we could so that we could fix the t-case shifter linkage. This was all at about 1am because we had to wait for everything to cool off enough to work on anything and it was still freakin hot!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
LOL!! Ummm, we never got the skid plate off. We were only able to get to half the bolts and then just bent it down as far as we could so that we could fix the t-case shifter linkage. This was all at about 1am because we had to wait for everything to cool off enough to work on anything and it was still freakin hot!

Not to mention the hour or so on the trail to get it in gear !

mackey

Just an FYI, I had the complete set of the River Raider skids on my 2012 JKUR. After taking my family on a day trip to the Miller Jeep trail near Lockwood Valley, I found out my River Raider transfer case skid bent badly and was now touching my transfer case. I was not happy. I called Bear, the owner and explained the situation and offered to send him pics. He would NOT replace it for me. Never again. I learned the hard way.

Top Bottom