Vr vr vr vr.....

jamesish

So I started up the Jeep and for about 30 seconds the engine was basically reving up really weird. It was not registering on the rpm meter though. Vr vr vr vr vr vr. And then it just stopped. Now it could have just been a rough idle but the Jeep has 800 miles on it. A little early to be doing this, right? Never noticed it before.

The Jeep was running for about 20 minutes while driving. Then stopped and turned off the engine for about 5 minutes. And then it did this after I turned it back on. I would think the 20 minutes of driving and being off for only 5 minutes it shouldn’t have another warming up process, right?

Just wanted to make sure this wasn’t indicative of anything. No engine light and BlueDriver checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed with them ^^^^

If you start messing with stuff, your dealer might notice and say that you caused the problem.

Upvote 0

jamesish

It should probably be noted that I’m blind as a bat and that probably caused me to have very good hearing. I’ve went to dealerships before about sounds one actually said “... and what are you hearing again?” Every automobile I’ve owned I’ve always done the hearing test daily. I’ll know when something is off. I probably will go though just so I can have a paper trail about some things. Probably won’t make a difference but who knows. I just started him up and of course it’s perfect now. If I can’t produce what happened then I know they’ll say bye bye sir and laugh as I pull away.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It should probably be noted that I’m blind as a bat and that probably caused me to have very good hearing. I’ve went to dealerships before about sounds one actually said “... and what are you hearing again?” Every automobile I’ve owned I’ve always done the hearing test daily. I’ll know when something is off. I probably will go though just so I can have a paper trail about some things. Probably won’t make a difference but who knows. I just started him up and of course it’s perfect now. If I can’t produce what happened then I know they’ll say bye bye sir and laugh as I pull away.

Maybe but the computer on your Jeep may have logged something. I would keep it in mind and if you hear it again, I don't know if it'd hurt to at least start a paper trail as you've stated.

Upvote 0

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Might want to not drive then if you are blind. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Upvote 0
Top Bottom