VIDEO : Where in the Hell Have We Been?

BaddestCross

I lost my dad last August and now have my mom living with us and taking care of her is a full time job. I feel your pain and glad your life is starting to even out some. Thanks for sharing. 🍻

Good2Go

Thank you for posting this video. It makes us all take a step back and think about how blessed we are by the people in our lives. And thank you for everything both of you do for us on Wayalife.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Sorry that you are going through this part of a family’s life journey. You are both incredible caring and responsible people. We have seen that through the adventures you’ve allowed us to share with you. And how you are dealing your parents is at your core. We all have or will experience this as part of life. Thank you for sharing it with us.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure that was a very difficult aspect of your life to share with us, thank you. I've been trying to keep my dad busy helping me with projects because it nearly guarantees we will spend every weekend together until we finish. The possibility of assisted living for my parents has been rolling around in my head for years, I just hope my wife or I will be able to retire before either of them get bad enough to need constant supervision.
Yeah, not exactly the kind of thing that we typically share but in hind sight, we're glad that we did if only because it's helped us to connect and relate with so many people. That's awesome that you've been spending so much of your time with your dad.
Thanks for sharing something so personal. But from what I can tell Cindy’s parents lived a full life before getting this BS. God bless!!
We really do appreciate it, thank you.
I was dealing with end of life care the last few years so I have an idea what you are going through. Nothing will make it easy. Make them happy and comfortable the best you can. You guys are awesome!
Thank you.
Cindy and Eddie, you guys are awesome. Thank you for sharing this video, I’m sure it wasn’t easy. Thank you for being great people and still finding time to do what you do for all of us here. I can’t wait to see what the future holds with that build your Jeep button.
We're truly humbled that you would say as much. All we can do is what's in front of us and focus on the things that are really important.
Thanks for sharing not just a video , but a very intimate part of you and Cindy's life.
Bless yall for stepping up and helping where it's needed in the family.
Thank you. We appreciate it.
I remember back a few months ago when I was asking about the new years run... You said you were trying as hard as you could to put something together. Not knowing your situation I took a step back and decided to just be patient. I am glad I did. I had no idea what you were going through. I want to thank you again for talking the time to put the event together. I understand now that you have had a ton on your plate.

I had a similar situation with my grandparents back in the 90's. A grandmother with ALS and shortly after a grandfather with cancer, brain tumors, and alzheimers/dimentia. I know all too well how time consuming taking care of someone you care about can be. As they say... Been there... Done that... Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, it was at about that point where things were really starting to fall apart. In fact, right after that run, everything did.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for posting this video. It makes us all take a step back and think about how blessed we are by the people in our lives. And thank you for everything both of you do for us on Wayalife.
We appreciate it, thank you.
Sorry that you are going through this part of a family’s life journey. You are both incredible caring and responsible people. We have seen that through the adventures you’ve allowed us to share with you. And how you are dealing your parents is at your core. We all have or will experience this as part of life. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thank you my friend. We hope all is well with you and your family. I know that you've been spending more time with your dad lately and hope he's doing well.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Really glad to learn things are beginning to return to normal again. You did the right thing at the right time. May God bless you both and walk with you during the rest of this journey.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really glad to learn things are beginning to return to normal again. You did the right thing at the right time. May God bless you both and walk with you during the rest of this journey.
Thank you and long time no see. Hope all is well with you and your family.

So sorry to hear what you guys have been going through. It is so difficult to watch parents go through times like these. We just lost my mom to cancer, and she was also in the early stages of dementia. Times were definitely challenging. My brother and I put her to bed, in her home, for the last night before she went to hospice. She didn't know who we were, because of sun downers, but she was the sweetest person we could have ever talked to that night. We lost her on March 31st but it was a blessing she did not suffer and went quickly. Take care and know our prayers are with you and your parents.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
I can relate to some of what your dealing with. I have an 87 year old father and 97 year old mother in law. Both of them healthy, but getting more frail. Both starting to exhibit signs of dementia. Have had to move one of them in with family, and the other gets help with a physical therapist.

We too are adapting to their needs just as they, many years ago, adapted to ours. Wishing you all the best In this chapter of life.

tjgoff

So, I know there are probably a few of you who’ve been wondering, where in the hell have we been? And, what I can tell you is that, we’re truly sorry for having been gone and for as long as we have. Anybody who knows us know that Cindy and I aren’t exactly the kind of people who like to wear our personal lives on our shirt sleeves and so, for the better part of the last two years, we just did our best to make things work. Unfortunately, life had other plans for us and earlier this year, it completely pulled the rug out from under our feet. The good news is, we are finally at a point where life can resume again and for all the people who expressed concern for us during our extended absence, we thought it would be nice to make an exception and share a little, of what's been going on.

Praying for you guys. We lost my mother-in-law to Lewy Body dimentia two years ago and are preparing to move my father-in-law, who has Parkinson’s, in to our home in July. He’s having a deep brain stimulator put in in August so hopefully that helps.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
So, I know there are probably a few of you who’ve been wondering, where in the hell have we been? And, what I can tell you is that, we’re truly sorry for having been gone and for as long as we have. Anybody who knows us know that Cindy and I aren’t exactly the kind of people who like to wear our personal lives on our shirt sleeves and so, for the better part of the last two years, we just did our best to make things work. Unfortunately, life had other plans for us and earlier this year, it completely pulled the rug out from under our feet. The good news is, we are finally at a point where life can resume again and for all the people who expressed concern for us during our extended absence, we thought it would be nice to make an exception and share a little, of what's been going on.

Damn. This hit home, this hit hard. I feel like the last two years have been hard for a lot of people. Thank you for sharing, that could not have been easy. I've been off the forums for some time now and just recently started getting caught up and ran across this video. The last two years for me have been filled with their own challenges. My parent's health has been on the decline. My mom had a stroke almost 2 years ago and it has affected her speech, mobility among other things. My dad was a good man but never patient. Her inability to do basic tasks wore on him and it lead to relationship issues. As a result, my mom decided to take a break and spend time with her family in Florida. I was left to help take care of my dad while she was gone as all my other siblings have moved out of the country/state. Much like Cindy's dad, he had a fall that landed him in the hospital. Long story short he didn't make it. He spend several weeks in the hospital recovering from a head injury, eventually got Covid, and died of pneumonia. They'll mark it as a Covid death but his health was beyond bad. My mom moved back to Cali and now she's slowly on the road to managing her new normal.

No idea why I'm sharing this with mostly strangers. Perhaps it is easier than talking about it with people I deal with every day. Maybe it was just the story that was told that really resonated with me. I guess it's my long-ass winded way of saying I get it, you're not alone, and TY for sharing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was surprised to see this thread bumped and apologize for missing the last few posts. Thank you all for the kind words and I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having to deal with similar things. I do wish all of you the best in the year to come.

oh Henry

Thank you for sharing this.

Top Bottom