VIDEO : Trimmed the Body Trim on our Jeep Gladiator Bed

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I need to apologize and say right from the get go that this video is NOT a "how to" one. Unfortunately, Cindy and I didn't film what we did and mainly because we didn't think anyone would care. However, after making a post here on WAYALIFE and seeing the kind of response it was getting, we decided there might be a few people on YouTube who would be interested in seeing what we did as well. With that said, this video will show you what happened to our Jeep JT Gladiator and what it looks like now after we trimmed 4" off the bed side trim. This simple mod effectively raises the lowest point on the body so that it sits above the bumper and frame rails and that should help to prevent hits to them in the future.

Here's a closer look at what EVO Coilovers, a High-n-Tight Bumper, 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers and a body trim has given our Jeep JT Gladiator over stock.

20210919134555-278bb2d6-me.jpg

Click on the link below to see more photos of what our Jeep Gladiator looks like now with the tail end trimmed.

FSJTRUCK

208245A3-E8D3-40B4-820D-8E9B7A8849CC.jpeg I have liked mine. It adds a ton of space!
Mine was done to accommodate my custom built bumper.

Attachments

• FA9814B3-A7E5-42E7-8FEA-39293A794D8B.jpeg
    FA9814B3-A7E5-42E7-8FEA-39293A794D8B.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 6

FSJTRUCK

Thank you. And, from what I've seen, yes, I believe that aFe does. However, I think we'll be installing the Dynomax Quiet Crawler kit as it just has a pipe out the back. Can't really notice it once installed.
Thank you. And, from what I've seen, yes, I believe that aFe does. However, I think we'll be installing the Dynomax Quiet Crawler kit as it just has a pipe out the back. Can't really notice it once installed.
I just cutout the anti drone exhaust part on the end and haven’t noticed any difference or problem.

Attachments

• 084276F5-18E8-4733-839E-C6E0452C15C7.jpeg
    084276F5-18E8-4733-839E-C6E0452C15C7.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 26

benatc1

Hooked
Definitely looks good in my opinion, looking fwd no to seeing what you do with the exhaust. Also, took Ripley a bit to warm up to piggy, but then it was on!!

jeeeep

Hooked
the way it should've come from the factory. hell, they could've made it like the fenders with a piece of snapped in plastic,

With the wheel flair black piece removed and the inner liner painted black, it's looks factory and IMO better.

Ripley and pig LOL, still very much the puppy (y)

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yeah... Jeep should have built it that way... not only for Function, but it also looks so much better. Great Mod.

Now lets talk about the video at the :10 sec mark.... exactly how short are you?? LOL.. I know you had to be kneeling.. but that shit was Hilarious!! Between that and Ripley, I got some good laughs.... Great Video.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great looking and functional modification!

I think once Ripley overcomes fear of the ‘oink’, piggy is going to get brutalized! 😂🤣

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Awesome Video! The Gladiator looks really clean with the trim. I didn't notice before that you took out the rear fender liners until you mentioned it. Looks really good plus gives you more clearance for stuffing the future 42's :LOL:

As always loved Ripley at the end!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have liked mine. It adds a ton of space!
Mine was done to accommodate my custom built bumper.
Nicely done!
Definitely looks good in my opinion, looking fwd no to seeing what you do with the exhaust. Also, took Ripley a bit to warm up to piggy, but then it was on!!
Thanks! Definitely had some concern doing this being that there would be no going back but now, I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Hope to address the exhaust soon. And yes, it's on with the pig for Ripley LOL
the way it should've come from the factory. hell, they could've made it like the fenders with a piece of snapped in plastic,

With the wheel flair black piece removed and the inner liner painted black, it's looks factory and IMO better.

Ripley and pig LOL, still very much the puppy (y)
I agree. Being that the trim is essentially useless, it would have been nice if they treated it like the fender trim.

And yes, Ripley is still very much a puppy :)
Simple, effective, free. Does it get any better?
Thanks! Very happy with the way it came out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Cant wait to see what you come up with on the exhaust.
There are a few good options out there but we'll be testing out the Dynomax Quiet Crawler setup. Everything is nice and small and it gets rid of the tail most muffler. We'll do a video on this for sure.
Yeah... Jeep should have built it that way... not only for Function, but it also looks so much better. Great Mod.

Now lets talk about the video at the :10 sec mark.... exactly how short are you?? LOL.. I know you had to be kneeling.. but that shit was Hilarious!! Between that and Ripley, I got some good laughs.... Great Video.
LOL - now that... that was a hard shot to film. Glad you enjoyed the video.
Great looking and functional modification!

I think once Ripley overcomes fear of the ‘oink’, piggy is going to get brutalized! 😂🤣
LOL - thanks and yes, Piggy is kinda wishing Ripley was still afraid of him. :ROFLMAO:
looks great with the fender trim.
Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome Video! The Gladiator looks really clean with the trim. I didn't notice before that you took out the rear fender liners until you mentioned it. Looks really good plus gives you more clearance for stuffing the future 42's :LOL:

As always loved Ripley at the end!
LOL - painting the fender wells really makes it hard to tell that the trim is gone. To me, it's a much better way to go thank installing metal fender liners. And yes, the plan for that was always in the works and because of the 42's 😁
loving it, good work
Thank you :)

pop2tu

That turned out great. If you hadn’t pointed it out I’m not sure anyone would have realized it.

I enjoyed Ripley and the pig. The reaction to the noise on the first oink was funny

Top Bottom