VIDEO : The Real Fix for the Break on Jeep Gladiator Dana UD60 Front Axle

benatc1

Hooked
Fully able to watch this, Great work, expect nothing less. Are you guys devising a plan to try to avoid this again? Other than Drive slower of course, cause that’s no fun lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video and awesome job by Disciple.

What happened to the original axle to get cracked/bent?
So, after 3 years of punishing our front UD60 and without any issues, we installed our EVO trailing arm system and hit a ton of big ass whoops at stupid fast speeds for the better part of a day and all for the purposes of testing. Again and again and again - something MOST people even me, don't typically do. And, what we found is that the original setup we have on our front DTD system just couldn't keep up with the massive travel that our rear end has. Needless to say, some of the bigger hits showed us where our limitations were.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fully able to watch this, Great work, expect nothing less. Are you guys devising a plan to try to avoid this again? Other than Drive slower of course, cause that’s no fun lol
As much as I love driving hard and fast, I don't normally make it a habit to bomb across stupid big whoops again and again and again and to the point of breaking things. Sure, it can be fun but there were times where it felt down right dangerous. Unless we decide to add in a cage, I don't think we'd make a habit out this kind of driving. But, if we were to keep it up and were willing to deal with the obnoxiousness that only a full cage can give you, I think we'd have to do a complete axle swap front and rear and run something like a Currie fab 9 with custom trusses.

That said, I don't do any racing and don't think it'll be something we'll plan to do. At the moment, I'm just super happy to drive as hard and fast as I normally do only now, in greater comfort :)

Last edited:
So, after 3 years of punishing our front UD60 and without any issues, we installed our EVO trailing arm system and hit a ton of big ass whoops at stupid fast speeds for the better part of a day and all for the purposes of testing. Again and again and again - something MOST people even me, don't typically do. And, what we found is that the original setup we have on our front DTD system just couldn't keep up with the massive travel that our rear end has. Needless to say, some of the bigger hits showed us where our limitations were.
Ooooh Mel… about the testing we did for your business… yeah, I’ll need a new front axle now. 😂

benatc1

Hooked
As much as I love driving hard and fast, I don't normally make it a habit to bomb across stupid big whoops again and again and again and to the point of breaking things. Sure, it can be fun but there were times where it felt down right dangerous. Unless we decide to add in a cage, I don't think we'd make a habit out this kind of driving. But, if we were to keep it up and were willing to deal with the obnoxiousness that only a full cage can give you, I think we'd have to do a complete axle swap front and rear and run something like a Currie fab 9 with custom trusses.

That said, I don't do any racing and don't think it'll be something we'll plan to do. At the moment, I'm just super happy to drive as hard and fast as I normally do only now, in greater comfort :)
Yea makes total sense, until you get an LT4 of course 😂

Top Bottom