VIDEO : The Real Fix for the Break on Jeep Gladiator Dana UD60 Front Axle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After cracking the Dana UD60 front axle that Cindy and I have installed on our Jeep JT Gladiator, we attempted to have it fixed by having it welding it up. Unfortunately, the fix didn't work and a better solution was needed. Needless to say, this video will show you what we ultimately had to do.

#jeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #discipleoffroad #evomfg #trailingarms #rockjock4x4 #rockjock #antirock #swaybar #kingshocks #nittotires #kmcwheels #spicerparts #ud60 #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #axlebreak

bluewave

While it’s always good to get the jeep taken care of. I wasn’t impressed with their welding skills. As a SCWI and Certified Welding Educator, the big “stack of dimes” may very well crack right down the center at the worst possible time. I’d be willing to bet none of them were Icar or AWS certified welders and the shop has no training or welding procedures in place.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love that, time to play!

Awesome job, Jeremy!
Been way too long! Be good to get out on the trail with you again soon :)
Great welds. Good idea protecting the shock rams.

That welder had some killer gloves too!
:ROFLMAO: I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice them!
While it’s always good to get the jeep taken care of. I wasn’t impressed with their welding skills. As a SCWI and Certified Welding Educator, the big “stack of dimes” may very well crack right down the center at the worst possible time. I’d be willing to bet none of them were Icar or AWS certified welders and the shop has no training or welding procedures in place.
Umm... okay (y)🤪

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome back from 2021.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

As I appreciate your concern, he’s been welding for years and would say he welds better than most that have a piece of paper saying they can weld 👍🏼

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The video made that look way easy! Haha Thanks again for coming down and letting us get you fixed up. Was a ton of fun and as always, thank you for support 🤘🏼

And yes, I got flash burn or as I like to think of it, a tan.
It wasn't easy? LOL

Good times for sure and really appreciate your help getting us back on the trail 😎

Spazbyt

Hooked
Well, if welds that look like a stack of dimes split down the middle then my welds are indestructible.

Brute

Hooked
Why would the weld crack down the center?

Brute

Hooked
After cracking the Dana UD60 front axle that Cindy and I have installed on our Jeep JT Gladiator, we attempted to have it fixed by having it welding it up. Unfortunately, the fix didn't work and a better solution was needed. Needless to say, this video will show you what we ultimately had to do.

#jeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #discipleoffroad #evomfg #trailingarms #rockjock4x4 #rockjock #antirock #swaybar #kingshocks #nittotires #kmcwheels #spicerparts #ud60 #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #axlebreak
I’ll have to watch it when I get to WA…at the airport…

kevman65

Hooked
To Negative Nancy, well no shit they aren't AWS welders and no shit they don't have weld procedures in place. It's an automotive shop, NONE of that is required in their industry. But I think you just wanted to tout your alphabet qualifications to impress everyone but you didn't.

Don't think you're the only on here that carries AWS certifications, and don't think your educator status equates to the real world. I've seen TIG freehanders stack dimes all day long on pressure piping and they pass xray or phase array 97% or better. There's absolutely nothing wrong with his MIG fillet welds and by just eyeballing in video on the internet they appear to be the proper thickness for the size of steel used, but yes being there in person with my fillet gauges would give me a better idea.

Sheeesh

Sorry to be a dick in your video thread Eddie, Jeremy you STILL need a comb 🤪

To Negative Nancy, well no shit they aren't AWS welders and no shit they don't have weld procedures in place. It's an automotive shop, NONE of that is required in their industry. But I think you just wanted to tout your alphabet qualifications to impress everyone but you didn't.

Don't think you're the only on here that carries AWS certifications, and don't think your educator status equates to the real world. I've seen TIG freehanders stack dimes all day long on pressure piping and they pass xray or phase array 97% or better. There's absolutely nothing wrong with his MIG fillet welds and by just eyeballing in video on the internet they appear to be the proper thickness for the size of steel used, but yes being there in person with my fillet gauges would give me a better idea.

Sheeesh

Sorry to be a dick in your video thread Eddie, Jeremy you STILL need a comb 🤪
The people have spoken, time for a shaved head again!

Top Bottom