VIDEO : The Other Rubicon PART 2 - Taking on the Sluice Boxes & More

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
"You really need front lockers" "Driver, No OTHER driver" "Front Lockers...."

and then my favorite "Squeeze, insert in bottom, fill it up"

Great vids and looks like great people.

Thanks for sharing your awesome times.
LOL - Always a great time on the Rubicon when you run it with good friends. Glad you enjoyed it :)
great series!

that's on the list of "must run"

hoping by the time I get there it's not some gravel road

thanks for the motivation!
Oh, the trail will still be a ton of fun when you do get around to running it. Every winter, it gets a nice reset. Maybe we'll need to plan another WAYALIFE run through it for guys like you and others on here :)
Nice series. I cant wait to run this someday. Really would have liked to have done it before Little Sluice got paved years ago. Even so, such an iconic run.

Hope when you do come out to run it, we can be there with you. (y)

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Damn there’s a lot technical rock crawling on that trail. After a few years, I forgot that’s the reason for two nights at the springs to recover. Great adventure. Glad everyone made it with no breaks👍. Love the turnstile turtle. Sometimes I wonder…does Doug do it on purpose for production value😜.
Thanks for putting this together and sharing.
Wondering whether my JL with35s and 2 inch lift would make it?

jeeeep

Hooked
LOL - Always a great time on the Rubicon when you run it with good friends. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Oh, the trail will still be a ton of fun when you do get around to running it. Every winter, it gets a nice reset. Maybe we'll need to plan another WAYALIFE run through it for guys like you and others on here :)

Hope when you do come out to run it, we can be there with you. (y)
that would be awesome!

CalSgt

Hooked
Thanks for digging out the old footage looks like a great trip. I didn’t notice any other vehicles except your group, that must have been nice.

Is that line at Decision Tree still an option? I’ve never noticed it.

thanks again, I appreciate the work and time you put into creating entertainment for us to enjoy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn there’s a lot technical rock crawling on that trail. After a few years, I forgot that’s the reason for two nights at the springs to recover. Great adventure. Glad everyone made it with no breaks👍. Love the turnstile turtle. Sometimes I wonder…does Doug do it on purpose for production value😜.
Thanks for putting this together and sharing.
Wondering whether my JL with35s and 2 inch lift would make it?
LOL - Doug always helps to make our videos that much more fun :D

You can totally run the Rubicon with just 2" of lift and 35's. You just need to be realistic about what lines you take and be prepared to break out the winch or strap from time to time. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for digging out the old footage looks like a great trip. I didn’t notice any other vehicles except your group, that must have been nice.

Is that line at Decision Tree still an option? I’ve never noticed it.

thanks again, I appreciate the work and time you put into creating entertainment for us to enjoy.
It's way different out there now, way more crowded but the time of year you go makes a big difference in traffic.

The line at Decision Tree is no longer an option and hasn't been for a few years. Hell, Decision Tree isn't even around anymore.

Discount Tire

Another great ride along. I did cringe a few times listening to the scraping and banging but glad everyone made it safe.

Thanks for taking us along.

CalSgt

Hooked
It's way different out there now, way more crowded but the time of year you go makes a big difference in traffic.

The line at Decision Tree is no longer an option and hasn't been for a few years. Hell, Decision Tree isn't even around anymore.
The root ball makes that squeeze even more interesting than before.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I finally had a chance to watch this on the home flat screen.

The wife and I enjoyed several cocktails as we re-watched part 1 and then watched part 2 for the first time. The video is high quality entertainment that has me even more excited about making this trail run. Thanks for posting this Eddie and Cindy!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I finally had a chance to watch this on the home flat screen.

The wife and I enjoyed several cocktails as we re-watched part 1 and then watched part 2 for the first time. The video is high quality entertainment that has me even more excited about making this trail run. Thanks for posting this Eddie and Cindy!
Awesome! Can't wait to get ya out here to run it (y)

Top Bottom