VIDEO : The Challenges of Really Big Vertical Travel

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The real benefit of really big vertical travel, the kind that you get with the all new EVO trailing arms, it’s that you can now take on really big bumps and at really fast speeds. But, if there's a down side to it, it'd be that there are challenges to get them to work with existing aftermarket components. In this short video, you'll get to see what we encountered with the rear RockJock 4x4 Antirock system that we installed.

#jeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #evomfg #trailingarms #rockjock4x4 #rockjock #antirock #swaybar #kingshocks #nittotires #kmcwheels #spicerparts #ud60 #pscsteering #kchighlights #warn #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #prerunner #desert #mojave #rockcrawling

WJCO

Meme King
Hope you get everything worked out. You thinking of doing something custom to dial it in?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hope you get everything worked out. You thinking of doing something custom to dial it in?
Yeah, I've been talking to RockJock and brainstorming with them on some ideas. I've already designed link extensions that would get bolted on the axle and working on bump stop extensions as well. But, for now, I think JK arms alone are going to do the trick for most of our needs.

jeeeep

Hooked
hmmm, seems I've seen this issue with one of the PSC Jeeps, can't recall if it was the JK or JL.

The shop they used customized a pass-thru tube below the frame (or maybe they modified the frame) for the torsion bar, no hitting on the up swing and no limiting the droop. I think they also customized the tank to clear the torsion bar.

CalSgt

Hooked
😮
Holy cow…. Welp, the front half of the wheelwell is already gone to accommodate the HUGE coilover. Might as well cut the back out to clear the sway bar and make some custom tubs to clear all of it. No idea how to address any of the other problems.

That’s my internet expert opinion from a certified keyboard engineer 😬

I’m definitely curious to see how it all comes together

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I've been talking to RockJock and brainstorming with them on some ideas. I've already designed link extensions that would get bolted on the axle and working on bump stop extensions as well. But, for now, I think JK arms alone are going to do the trick for most of our needs.
I assume the bumps are set correctly on the up travel, then is going to a 4” stroke bump an option?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm, seems I've seen this issue with one of the PSC Jeeps, can't recall if it was the JK or JL.

The shop they used customized a pass-thru tube below the frame (or maybe they modified the frame) for the torsion bar, no hitting on the up swing and no limiting the droop. I think they also customized the tank to clear the torsion bar.
Oh yeah, anything is possible with a lot of custom work. I was just trying to make this work with off the shelf parts. And really, if I trim the fenders right where the sway bar arms want to pass through, all would be good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
😮
Holy cow…. Welp, the front half of the wheelwell is already gone to accommodate the HUGE coilover. Might as well cut the back out to clear the sway bar and make some custom tubs to clear all of it. No idea how to address any of the other problems.

That’s my internet expert opinion from a certified keyboard engineer 😬

I’m definitely curious to see how it all comes together
That would be the easiest thing to do and I wouldn't even need to cut the whole thing out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I assume the bumps are set correctly on the up travel, then is going to a 4” stroke bump an option?
Yeah, without the sway bar on, the bumps are good and really, even hitting the biggest bumps at our fastest speeds to date, they're just barely touching the axle. As in, we could easily address this with extensions or going to a 4" stroke.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
The real benefit of really big vertical travel, the kind that you get with the all new EVO trailing arms, it’s that you can now take on really big bumps and at really fast speeds. But, if there's a down side to it, it'd be that there are challenges to get them to work with existing aftermarket components. In this short video, you'll get to see what we encountered with the rear RockJock 4x4 Antirock system that we installed.

#jeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #evomfg #trailingarms #rockjock4x4 #rockjock #antirock #swaybar #kingshocks #nittotires #kmcwheels #spicerparts #ud60 #pscsteering #kchighlights #warn #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #prerunner #desert #mojave #rockcrawling
It will be interesting to see , what you come up with to fix this.

Top Bottom