VIDEO : TALL to SMALL - ACCUAIR Suspension System Lets You do it All

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy Eddie, would you happen to know the 'JK' default ride height for an Accu-Air system ?? I saw in one of your awesome video's that the Galdiator is 4-1/2" and the JL is 3-1/2" (both default/Setting2). Thanks & keep happy Jeepin'! - CJ.
I apologize for not seeing this sooner. I believe the default ride height on a JK is 2.5".

kevman65

Hooked
@wayoflife

Okay, you've had this JT with this system for almost half a year now.

My biggest question, shocks. Are the included shocks holding up to your abuse?

With the huge differences in height, are these special built shocks to have a longer stroke in both directions?

Would the shocks have to be replaced with in kind, or could one use a shock of their choosing but have to know the full extension and compression of the original shocks?

Thanks, had to dig to find this damned thread, your giveaway thread filled the search return 🤪

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My biggest question, shocks. Are the included shocks holding up to your abuse?
Yes. They are holding up surprisingly better than I would have expected and from what I am told, there are plans to for them to offer a better, upgrade option as well.
With the huge differences in height, are these special built shocks to have a longer stroke in both directions?

Would the shocks have to be replaced with in kind, or could one use a shock of their choosing but have to know the full extension and compression of the original shocks?
So, the shocks are made to a very specific length both collapsed and extended and with the purpose of preserve the air pistons. Running anything other than the shocks they offer with their kit will void your warranty.

Eagle1911

Can you tell me what the height of the vehicle is at the back of the cab at position #1 and #2. I just picked back of cab as that is usually the highest part of the JT. You can use the door sill or handle if that is easier to measure at the different position. Trying to figure if I need a taller garage door.

jamesrw30

I noticed on their website the JK kit is live. Comes in a little cheaper than the JL kit. Do you know if 37s are the recommended tire size on the JK kit also?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can you tell me what the height of the vehicle is at the back of the cab at position #1 and #2. I just picked back of cab as that is usually the highest part of the JT. You can use the door sill or handle if that is easier to measure at the different position. Trying to figure if I need a taller garage door.
I apologize for not seeing and responding to this sooner. At the back of the cab, I measure about 77" and that's about 5" shorter than where my garage door sits when open and on a garage with a standard 7' header.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed on their website the JK kit is live. Comes in a little cheaper than the JL kit. Do you know if 37s are the recommended tire size on the JK kit also?
If I recall, the tire size they recommend is 35". However, this is more of a fender clearance issue than anything and there are lots of ways to mitigate that.

jamesrw30

If I recall, the tire size they recommend is 35". However, this is more of a fender clearance issue than anything and there are lots of ways to mitigate that.
Thank you sir. You are a scholar and a gentleman. Now hopefully I can win the system :ROFLMAO:

rslayer

How does an AccuAir system affect your payload rating? I would assume it’s heavier than the stock suspension components it replaces so it should reduce payload capacity. Specifically asking for a JT Sport S Max Tow.

Top Bottom