VIDEO : Speedometer Calibration Made Easy Using GPS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After installing a new set of larger tires and or gears with a higher ratio, it is important to calibrate the speedometer on your Jeep JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator. Failure to do so will not only show you going the wrong speed, on an automatic, it will also affect your shift points. That said, the biggest problem most people have with calibration, especially when it comes to new tires, is entering in the correct size. And, this is one of the main reasons why Cindy and I decided to give ECRI a try. In addition to being a budget friendly tool with a whole host of things that you can adjust, it also has an awesome GPS Speedo function that completely takes the guess work out of calculating the actual size of your tires. In this short video, you'll get to see just how quick it is to do and with an easy to use iPhone or Android app.

ECRI Vehicle Calibration: https://amzn.to/3urJI8K

Come join our online community at https://WAYALIFE.com

#jeep #wrangler #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #gladiator #jeepgladiator #gladiatortruck #jeepjt #jtjeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #speedometer #calibration #recalibration #speedocalibration #ecriapp #ecri

* Please note that the Amazon links posted are associate links and WAYALIFE does earn a small kickback for purchases made through them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should also note, in addition to the GPS Speedo function, I really like that you can use a phone app to operate this thing. It makes it so much easier than using the steering wheel controls.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That’s a pretty cool piece of hardware. Like you talked about the auto start stop feature lacking I would want that but very cool regardless. Maybe in the future they’ll off that in an update.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love my tazer but that looks a lot more user friendly plus it can be used in multiple rigs. Great video!
The app does make it a lot easier to use and being able to use it on multiple rigs is really nice. Glad you liked the video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a pretty cool piece of hardware. Like you talked about the auto start stop feature lacking I would want that but very cool regardless. Maybe in the future they’ll off that in an update.
It'd be nice if it had that feature but I'm still pretty happy with it just the same.

Lperdue

It'd be nice if it had that feature but I'm still pretty happy with it just the same.
Not sure if they changed for later model years. But our 2018 JL the stop/start would only work if I had it in neutral and my foot off the clutch. So it never bothered me until we switched to the auto trans where it cuts off at literally every stop.

There is a button on the dash that you can push to temporarily turn of start/stop. You already managed to push one button. Are two buttons one to many for you?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if they changed for later model years. But our 2018 JL the stop/start would only work if I had it in neutral and my foot off the clutch. So it never bothered me until we switched to the auto trans where it cuts off at literally every stop.
It's still the same. I guess I always have the transmission in neutral and my foot off the clutch when I'm at a stop. 🤪

I should also note, in addition to the GPS Speedo function, I really like that you can use a phone app to operate this thing. It makes it so much easier than using the steering wheel controls.

Fantastic! Thanks guys, this was perfect timing! The phone app and gps functionality just sold me. I have the AEV ProCal and I’ve never trusted it. I swear that I’ve racked way more miles than I’ve actually driven. I’ve followed their instructions but I know it’s wrong still.

kevman65

Hooked
Don't know if it was just something weird with my JT, but when I tried to set up my Tazer with a GPS phone app and the phone was connected to the JT (both USB and Blue Tooth) the phone app mirrored the speedo and my Garmin and radar detector GPS speed were different from the speedo and app.

When I completely disconnected phone from JT then the GPS app mirrored the Garmin. Radar detector was .2 MPH slower.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic! Thanks guys, this was perfect timing! The phone app and gps functionality just sold me. I have the AEV ProCal and I’ve never trusted it. I swear that I’ve racked way more miles than I’ve actually driven. I’ve followed their instructions but I know it’s wrong still.
Awesome! Glad we got this video out when we did. The phone app is a BIG plus for me - made programming so much easier and the GPS function is very cool.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know if it was just something weird with my JT, but when I tried to set up my Tazer with a GPS phone app and the phone was connected to the JT (both USB and Blue Tooth) the phone app mirrored the speedo and my Garmin and radar detector GPS speed were different from the speedo and app.

When I completely disconnected phone from JT then the GPS app mirrored the Garmin. Radar detector was .2 MPH slower.
The Radar is going to be more accurate and I would go off of that.

Top Bottom