VIDEO : RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME - Lending a Helping Hand on our way Home from Moab

Discount Tire

Nicely done. You guys are the best. I always say it is building up good guy credits, plus someone put you there for a reason. I have been fortunate to save many in the desert over the years and had to turn in some of my credits last year in Sand Hollow when my side by side broke a front axle and rear drive line 12 miles from camp. Fortunately Gavin took me back to my side by side and help me install a drive line in the field. Now I need to get working on building up credits again. :clap2:

Thanks for the great reminder video to always do the right thing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My plane is pushing off ...I’ll have to watch this when I land. Of course Eddie & Cindy would come to the rescue of someone stuck...

LOL!! It isn't much. Hope you had a safe flight and look forward to seeing you around soon :)

Love this!!!! I do this all the time as well and I try to do it as often as I can. 🍻cheers for you guys!!!

It clearly is a Jeep thing. :cool:

Eddie and Cindy to the rescue! Nice job guys, you really improved their day.

Well, being that they had been out there for a while and that AAA was still 3 hours out, I have a feeling their day was definitely improved upon :)

well that brings back memories!

Use to go out to the Salt Flats long ago (gulp!) and would usually find someone thinking they could pull off the road and drive on the salt only to get stuck :doh:

It's great to have a Jeep with a winch at the right place and right time, that would've been an expensive short tow! :thumb:

Oh yeah, expensive an a very long wait along the highway.

Way to save the day for those ladies.

A great example of the Jeep Wayalife 👍👍👍

I'm sure all of you would have done the same :)

Since Brute is on a plane I'll ask for him, what's with the hair and where is the thump thump music...haha. It's always nice when you can lend a helping hand. Had the same thing happen right across the street from my house. An old last got her Mercedes stuck in the sand trying to turn around. Grabbed a shovel and my welcome mat off my porch. Fortunately is want much work they just need one more person to help push and she was able to get out.

LOL - too funny and way cool that you were able to help out like that.

I always knew you were good people. Take care!

Long time no see my friend. Hope you and Laura are doing well. We miss you two :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how many people drove by in their jeeps and said ha ha should have got a jeep.

There were a lot of cars that drove by even while we were there. Don't know how many were Jeeps but being that this was on the heels of EJS, there probably were a few.

I'm a little surprised that car had an actual hook under it! Good karma for sure.

Me too! If there wasn't, we could have done more harm than good trying to save them.

Awesome guys!

Just lucky to be at the right place and at the right time.

Good man right there. I’ve done that a couple times at my work pulling co workers out of the snow, today actually someone asked me at the job site if I had gas in my Jerry cans and sadly for the first time the answer was no... we were in the middle of nowhere too [emoji51]

Wow, how'd he get the gas that he needed?

Nicely done! Have you ever done a “winch 101” video? I don’t remember seeing one on wayalife from my JK days. I’m in the market after a recent misadventure. I’m not thinking like “how to recover if you’re in X”, but more like “this is how to tension the line out of the box” & “here’s a starter list of gear & why you need it”. I’m sure there’s a lot of guys like me who’d like to pick your brain.

I haven't but I suppose that wouldn't be such a bad idea to do.

Lucky gals or they would have had to wait 3 plus hours.

That on top of how long they had already been there and how much it would have cost to get them pulled out. :crazyeyes:

I bet they are probably trading that pile in for a JL. Future Wayalife Members.. lol. Nice Save.

LOL - they definitely didn't have too much confidence in their car.

Nice work! Honestly, acts like that are one of my favorite things about owning a “prepared” rig.

It's always nice to be prepared "just in case" and even nicer to be able to use it to help others out as well.

Very Cool. :thumb:

Reminds me of that family we saved in Texas with the flat tire on the way to JKX.

Makes we want to buy a JL or JT vs the road machine I've been looking for.

LOL - that's right! Forgot about that.

Nice work guys!

Just lucky to be in the right place and at the right time :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guys rock! It's great to show non JEEPERS that we can do much more than just go offroading.

Always nice to help out where we can :)

Very nice Cindy and Eddie! That was really cool of you to help them out.

Well, I'd like to think that we were just lucky to be where we were and when we were. :)

Nicely done. You guys are the best. I always say it is building up good guy credits, plus someone put you there for a reason. I have been fortunate to save many in the desert over the years and had to turn in some of my credits last year in Sand Hollow when my side by side broke a front axle and rear drive line 12 miles from camp. Fortunately Gavin took me back to my side by side and help me install a drive line in the field. Now I need to get working on building up credits again. :clap2:

Thanks for the great reminder video to always do the right thing.

Sounds like an epic day out in Sand Hollow. Glad you were able to get helped out :)

fiend

Caught the Bug
It great you were there to help. Those gals could have been waiting for a long time for an expensive tow. I’m sure they were very grateful.

You guys know what you’re doing with a winch, and the risk in that particular situation was low, but I would just caution others less experienced that winching can be a very dangerous thing to do. Make sure you know how to use the equipment and, just as importantly, have a good understanding of the forces at work before you get too deeply into a rescue. You don’t want to bring a victim to a victim, either getting yourself stuck or possibly injuring someone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailraider

always lending a hand, I can only imagine how many people would drive by that may have been able to help , but didn't.

did they say how long they were there for? or how they ended up down that far in the ditch?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That’s awesome that you were able to help! Unfortunately/fortunately for me, the only time I have used my winch was to pull a car out of a snowy ditch. Well and the occasional bush in the neighborhood. Good karma to you and Cindy!

Brute

Hooked
Very Cool. :thumb:

Reminds me of that family we saved in Texas with the flat tire on the way to JKX.

Makes we want to buy a JL or JT vs the road machine I've been looking for.

Mike, I think you and the family would really look good in a shiney new JT...

jdofmemi

I'm a little surprised that car had an actual hook under it! Good karma for sure.

So many cars don't have hooks that I have started carrying a set of cluster hooks like the tow trucks have.

They are the right hooks to go in the frame holes that are intended for pulling.

That said, if you don't know what you are doing, you can do more harm than good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190204-125450.jpg
    Screenshot_20190204-125450.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom