VIDEO : PLAY ALL NIGHT - KC Gravity Pro6 LED Light Bar Installation & Testing

14ACES

VIDEO : PLAY ALL NIGHT - KC Gravity Pro6 LED Light Bar Installation & Testing

Nice Video... curious why you chose KC over say Baja designs XL linkable?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those lights are awesome!

Not too shabby, that's for sure :crazyeyes:

Thank for video, and great setup. Question... How much additional height is added above roofline? :clap2:

I'll have to measure but it really isn't that much. Maybe an inch or so.

20200902195240-6497bf70-me.jpg

Another sick video, the drone night time shots were amazing. I would have flown into a wall.

I always like the unboxing just about as much as the install. Thanks for another fantastic how to video.

Thank you my friend, we're so glad you enjoyed it and could appreciate the night shots :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice Video... curious why you chose KC over say Baja designs XL linkable?

I don't have anything against Baja Designs. After Mel installed the KC Gravity Pro6 on OG40, I was sold and wanted it on my Gladiator as well. That's all.

Great install video as usual, amazing light projection and I must say this video is some of your guys best work with the night shots. Very cool!

Wow, thank you. We're truly flattered you would say as much :blush:

The night shots in the canyon look amazing.

Thank you. :cool:

JAGS

Hooked
Watched this last night. When the video ended, I knew we were in for some bonus footage. Ripley has a great demeanor. Bet training is a ton of fun.

Oh, and the lights, yeah, bright as hell. Has to make all the difference in the world.

bluewave

awesome job on the video

Just wanted to say awesome job on the video, the editing and narration is getting a lot better!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Watched this last night. When the video ended, I knew we were in for some bonus footage. Ripley has a great demeanor. Bet training is a ton of fun.

Oh, and the lights, yeah, bright as hell. Has to make all the difference in the world.

LOL - training has been hell. But, well worth it. :crazyeyes:

Just wanted to say awesome job on the video, the editing and narration is getting a lot better!

Thank you. We appreciate you saying as much.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Finally was able to catch up. Awesome video! The lights look great and a huge difference from just the high beams. [emoji106] Always great seeing Ripley as well!

Bear_JT

Hooked
Great video! I like these lights and their setup a lot. They look awesome! Ripley is looking good too with her sweet frisbee skills.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Eddie now that you’ve had it on your JT for a bit are you still happy with the Pro 6 light bar? Any negatives? How’s the wind noise on the highway? Thinking about picking one up. It’s a lot of coin for lights.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie now that you’ve had it on your JT for a bit are you still happy with the Pro 6 light bar? Any negatives? How’s the wind noise on the highway? Thinking about picking one up. It’s a lot of coin for lights.

So, I love the amount of light and quality of light that the Gravity Pro 6 puts out. I also love how it looks installed. Of course, there is some wind noise but nothing as bad as I would have thought. Certainly, nothing worse than a roof rack would produce and without the kind of whistling that the old bar lights always made. Where I do hear them more is in a cross wind but even at that, I think my tires are louder. If there is a negative, I would have to say it would be the rubber gaskets that goes in between the mounts and the a-pillars. It was probably the heat of summer in Nevada that did it but mine lost their adhesiveness and they no longer stick to the mounts. For the most part, this is no big deal as they still do their job where it counts but higher up on the mounts, there is a gap between the mounts and the a-pillar and the gasket can move around. In a cross wind, I have seen where the gasket will start to buzz as air passes across it. Sticking my hand out the window, I can fix this but it is a bit annoying to have to do this. I will most likely try to trim the gasket to prevent this from happening.

Other than that, I still love it :yup:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
So, I love the amount of light and quality of light that the Gravity Pro 6 puts out. I also love how it looks installed. Of course, there is some wind noise but nothing as bad as I would have thought. Certainly, nothing worse than a roof rack would produce and without the kind of whistling that the old bar lights always made. Where I do hear them more is in a cross wind but even at that, I think my tires are louder. If there is a negative, I would have to say it would be the rubber gaskets that goes in between the mounts and the a-pillars. It was probably the heat of summer in Nevada that did it but mine lost their adhesiveness and they no longer stick to the mounts. For the most part, this is no big deal as they still do their job where it counts but higher up on the mounts, there is a gap between the mounts and the a-pillar and the gasket can move around. In a cross wind, I have seen where the gasket will start to buzz as air passes across it. Sticking my hand out the window, I can fix this but it is a bit annoying to have to do this. I will most likely try to trim the gasket to prevent this from happening.

Thanks for the follow-up! Do you have adaptive cruise control/fwd collision warning? Does the light bar sit low enough to interfere with the camera for those systems?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the follow-up! Do you have adaptive cruise control/fwd collision warning? Does the light bar sit low enough to interfere with the camera for those systems?

Yes, I do have adaptive cruise control and no, this light bar does not interfere with it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...If there is a negative, I would have to say it would be the rubber gaskets that goes in between the mounts and the a-pillars...

Can you paint the A-Pillars with plastic dip? (Just where there is contact)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can you paint the A-Pillars with plastic dip? (Just where there is contact)

I don't see why you couldn't but I think I can just cut the upper half of the gasket as there really is no pressure between the mount and the a-pillar at that point.

I put a lot of effort into finding where the wind noise comes from, masking tape over air gaps between the mounts and on the bar itself etc. etc. I found most the noise was the mounts themselves. This stuff worked great to seal it up.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/M-D-Bui...Marine-D-Profile-Weatherstrip-01025/202066509

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I bet some sort of low adhesion rtv or silicone sealant would help a bit. I deal with the stuff frequently when sealing painless on our helicopter at work. I’m sure I could make something work and look nearly invisible on the pillar light mounts.

Top Bottom