VIDEO : PIPPI on the Rocks Testing Her Rubicon Sway Bar Disconnect

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In spite of what so many seem to think, you don't need a big built up Jeep to go wheeling on the rocks. Sure, there are limits as to what you can do but even in a bone stock JL Wrangler 2-Door Sport running a set of street tires, you'd be amazed at just how capable they really are. Of course, unlike other 4WD vehicles made today, they do come with a solid front axle and that means you can disconnect the front sway bar to obtain a lot more axle articulation or what some people refer to as, FLEX! And, to help make the disconnecting process a lot faster and easier on Pippi, Cindy and I decided to install a used Rubicon sway bar disconnect with an EVO No Limits knob and in this video, you'll get to see us put it to use and test it out on a trail with some challenging rocks.

And, in case you missed it:

EVO No Limits Knob: https://evomfg.com/collections/no-l...ual-rubicon-swaybar-disconnect-jk-jl-jt?aff=2
BUY a Hitch Stinger: https://wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-HITCH-STINGER
BUY a CB BAR: https://wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

#jeep #wrangler #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #gladiator #jeepgladiator #gladiatortruck #jeepjt #jtjeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #rubicon #swaybar #swaybardisconnect #rockcrawling #bonestock #bonestockjeep #stockjeep #basicjeep #2doorjeep #2doorwrangler #hitchstinger #cbbar #pippiproject

Last edited:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Another great video! Always impressed with what a stock JL can do when driven by an experienced driver. Thank you for sharing!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video! Always impressed with what a stock JL can do when driven by an experienced driver. Thank you for sharing!
Happy to hear you enjoyed our video and yes, it really is impressive what a stock JL can do. :)

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Every time you post something about Pippi, it brings back fond memories of my first Jeep. Stick shift and stalls were part of the learning process. Oh, and the occasional belly scrapes until I got my first lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Every time you post something about Pippi, it brings back fond memories of my first Jeep. Stick shift and stalls were part of the learning process. Oh, and the occasional belly scrapes until I got my first lift.
LOL - the good ol days. But, in some ways, nice to leave them behind.

jeeeep

Hooked
Nice! stock is pretty capable. You should put a wheelie bar on Pippi and do some drag racing, you've got the slicks lol

sometimes I think of my bone stock 2 week old JKU's 1st EJS. Every trail seemed challenging but lockers and flex made for a lot of fun.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! stock is pretty capable. You should put a wheelie bar on Pippi and do some drag racing, you've got the slicks lol

sometimes I think of my bone stock 2 week old JKU's 1st EJS. Every trail seemed challenging but lockers and flex made for a lot of fun.
LOL - it's been about a year and we're looking at new shoes. And yes, when stock, everything is a challenge and in a good way.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Cool video! It’s good to get back to Old School so you can remember where it all started; back before lockers, coil-overs, and fuel injected V8’s. It’s amazing where we have ended up. Neat little canyon trail also!

Of course my favorite was Ripley showing that octopus who’s boss!! 🤣😂

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Great video! Looked like a lot of fun. Gives myself a little more confidence to get out on some harder trails stock (with friends of course). lol
The flash back of Ripley was great. Always love Ripely’s short clips. 😁

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video! It’s good to get back to Old School so you can remember where it all started; back before lockers, coil-overs, and fuel injected V8’s. It’s amazing where we have ended up. Neat little canyon trail also!

Of course my favorite was Ripley showing that octopus who’s boss!! 🤣😂
LOL - Ripley ain't taking it from any octopus!

And yes, how'd we ever get by without all that fancy stuff LOL :ROFLMAO:
Great video! Looked like a lot of fun. Gives myself a little more confidence to get out on some harder trails stock (with friends of course). lol
The flash back of Ripley was great. Always love Ripely’s short clips. 😁
Happy to hear you enjoyed the video and we need to get you out there with us (y)

BUTCHER_RIG

In spite of what so many seem to think, you don't need a big built up Jeep to go wheeling on the rocks. Sure, there are limits as to what you can do but even in a bone stock JL Wrangler 2-Door Sport running a set of street tires, you'd be amazed at just how capable they really are. Of course, unlike other 4WD vehicles made today, they do come with a solid front axle and that means you can disconnect the front sway bar to obtain a lot more axle articulation or what some people refer to as, FLEX! And, to help make the disconnecting process a lot faster and easier on Pippi, Cindy and I decided to install a used Rubicon sway bar disconnect with an EVO No Limits knob and in this video, you'll get to see us put it to use and test it out on a trail with some challenging rocks.

And, in case you missed it:

BUY a Hitch Stinger: https://wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-HITCH-STINGER
BUY a CB BAR: https://wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

#jeep #wrangler #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #gladiator #jeepgladiator #gladiatortruck #jeepjt #jtjeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #rubicon #swaybar #swaybardisconnect #rockcrawling #bonestock #bonestockjeep #stockjeep #basicjeep #2doorjeep #2doorwrangler #hitchstinger #cbbar #pippiproject
Nice!!! I just ran copper cache this other night!

It seemed that the spot chosen to disable the sway bar was not a Jumping Cholla patch. 😄 A mat to lay on the ground would still have been handy.

The manual transmission and the tires seemed like the main obstacle. Size matters but a little bit of tread would add a lot of improvement.

WJCO

Meme King
Surprisingly capable mostly stock 2 door Jeep. That sway bar mod is badass. I'm going to keep an eye out for a used bar.

Top Bottom