VIDEO : Performance Improvement Front Bumper for Pippi

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have really been thinking hard about getting a stock steel bumper for my Gladiator
It looks good. If you can pick one up for the right price, go for it.
Yeah. Finding one for a good price will probably be hard. Most of the jeep bumpers that I've seen for sale has been the plastic ones. To get a new steel bumper is over $1000
They really are a nice bumper and pricey for sure but good deals can be found.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll pretty much say the same thing I said on YouTube, but I like the path you are talking with Pippi. Jeeps are really expensive now, and I’m sure lots of people are watching their pennies while trying to wheel. There are used factory parts everywhere. I also think putting the air dam on was a good call. I could be wrong, but I believe the removal of it causes a big loss in mileage, and it is easily removed if it turns out to be in the way. That bumper looks a lot better, too.
Thank you my friend and I think you are right about people watching their pennies these days. As far as the air dam goes, there really is a LOT of drag under a vehicle and I know Jeep had it there to help improve fuel economy. From what I've been told, the improvement is measurable and enough so that they've started adding other aerodynamic features to components under the JL to help as well.
Great move for what Pippi build is about.
Looks 👍
Thank yoiu :)
Looks great!
Thank! Really happy with the new look :)
Best looking factory bumper the wrangler has ever had. Looks great!
I agree. They did well with it (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
it's been a year? damn!
I like that bumper, good clean design.
I've been looking for a decent priced take-off over the past year but nothing to be found that wasn't priced like new.
I went with el cheapo knock off, looks close enough less than 1/2 the price...but you do get what you pay for lol
LOL - I know, right?! Where'd all the time go! Also, I like what you got. While there are deals to be found on used factory parts, there are a lot of people who have a very high opinion on what they're trying to get rid of.
Much Better. It'll compliment some "stock" 35's too. :cool:
:ROFLMAO:
I was waiting for this one, I figured what better for a stockish budget build than a steel rubicon stubby. I was wondering if you would do this or the winch tray with EVO D-ring mounts when the time came.
Honestly, we had considered the budget winch bumper setup and would have done it had we not had this bumper laying around in the garage.
Looks pretty good too! Gives it a more aggressive look, but keeps the stock feel that you and Cindi are going for.
Thank you. Glad you approve :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Been looking super hard for one for myself for a while now and haven’t found one locally. Looks so much better than the stock plastic

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Looks a lot better! 👍 Cleaned things up and like others said gives you winch options. Speaking of winches have you thought which one your adding?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Dude it’s hilarious how I literally had no idea what y’all were doing with Pippi when I got our JLU (well, now two of them) and I’m attempting to do the same thing lmao

I’ve got a line on an OEM JK Rubi stubby bumper that I can get fo free so if my buddy and I get that on Bluey I’ll get pics and report back on how it looks vs the actual JL Rubi bumper y’all did 🤙

*also, I’m doing a budget lift via Rubi shocks and springs (unless I can get a good deal on quality coils too). Have y’all decided what you’re doing for lift, wheels, and tires for Pippi going forward or gonna keep it hush hush 🤣 I think I’m gonna go Willys takeoffs for wheels and tires too. Nice wheel design with 32” KM2s.

I just found a 10th anniversary front bumper for $750. From the pictures it looks in pretty good condition. Do you think that's a decent price
When was looking for them a year or so ago, all the take-offs I found were about $750, and that didn’t include the fogs, IIRC.

Dale72

Hooked
When was looking for them a year or so ago, all the take-offs I found were about $750, and that didn’t include the fogs, IIRC.
Yeah it doesn't have the fog lights with it. But I'm not going to get it. He's already started acting funny about it

Top Bottom