VIDEO : OP ED - Are 5.13 Gears Needed with 37 Inch Tires on a JL Wrangler... and MORE

I debated this very thing on my JK when I upgraded my axles. I’ve got a few friends running 5.13’s and a few running 4.88’s and it’s so close I’m not sure I could tell the difference but ultimately I chose the 5.13’s because I wanted a bit more for crawling.

BaddestCross

I debated this very thing on my JK when I upgraded my axles. I’ve got a few friends running 5.13’s and a few running 4.88’s and it’s so close I’m not sure I could tell the difference but ultimately I chose the 5.13’s because I wanted a bit more for crawling.
I love my 5.13s on and off road, however with the Rubi transfer case, they're almost too low sometimes. I need a Rubicrawler now. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

VMSHack

So I am kinda in the same boat, level kit with stt pro 33’s...measure 32.75. On the fence on 4.1 or 4.56. Little city driving here in Utah frequent trips to wendover with mild hills and always headwind making 5th obsolete. But my question is, in Utah what’s a good place to get it done, I really like jack it but they quoted me $2600 to go from 3.73 to 4.10

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I am kinda in the same boat, level kit with stt pro 33’s...measure 32.75. On the fence on 4.1 or 4.56. Little city driving here in Utah frequent trips to wendover with mild hills and always headwind making 5th obsolete. But my question is, in Utah what’s a good place to get it done, I really like jack it but they quoted me $2600 to go from 3.73 to 4.10

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you really think you'll never go bigger than 33's, 4.56 would be acceptable but really, if it were me, I wouldn't waste my money on anything less than 4.88. As far as shops go, you might want to ask RESSURECTIONJK as I think he's in your neck of the woods and might know of someone.

If you really think you'll never go bigger than 33's, 4.56 would be acceptable but really, if it were me, I wouldn't waste my money on anything less than 4.88. As far as shops go, you might want to ask RESSURECTIONJK as I think he's in your neck of the woods and might know of someone.

Thanks for the plug Eddie lol. I’ll get him sorted.

Top Bottom