VIDEO : Ohlins Shocks - Are They as Good as They Look?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While Ohlins has been an industry leader in dampening technology for motocross, rally racing, open wheel racing, mountain bikes, high performance vehicles of all makes and models and for over 40 years, they are new to the Jeep market and the question of how well their highly sought after gold shocks will perform on them, is a legitimate one. In this video, you'll get to see and hear what Cindy and I have found after two weeks of testing them both on road and off.

#jeep #ohlins #shockabsorber #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #offroad #shocks #suspension #suspensionsystem #testing

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good review, sounds like you guys like them a LOT.

Hope you have a blast giving them a full test.
Not gonna lie, I'm kind of surprised at how nice they really are. For me personally, they're nicer than a lot of standard coilover setups I've tested out in the past.

kevman65

Hooked
Not gonna lie, I'm kind of surprised at how nice they really are. For me personally, they're nicer than a lot of standard coilover setups I've tested out in the past.
I know it's not your thing, but if you could put your butt on a motorcycle and go through a set of twisties with factory suspension.
Then do the same set of twisties with Ohlins set up for your weight, the bike, and riding style, THEN you'd be truly amazed.

Now, if you want to see what I was talking about on the super stiff side. Go to 5 or less clicks 😁

WJCO

Meme King
Glad you liked them. I'm working on a ricer build and these are an option so I'm keeping them in mind. So I assume when you went from 10 to 20 clicks, that was a softer ride? That zip tie trick is brilliant.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you liked them. I'm working on a ricer build and these are an option so I'm keeping them in mind. So I assume when you went from 10 to 20 clicks, that was a softer ride? That zip tie trick is brilliant.
Yes, going to 20 made our ride a lot softer. Driving slower on rough terrain, the ride was definitely smoother but you had to drive slower to appreciate it. Going faster, it would bottom out where as with 10, you would not. You can go way faster.

I watched the install. Idea and was waiting to see how they performed. Glad they meet your expectations and look forward to see how they are long term.

Thanks for sharing!

Great video and review! I was also excited to see this and from the looks of it, they didn't disappoint. Great to see another well known, quality company jump into the Jeep world and give us another option to consider. Being Ohlins, I would have expected a higher price point but definitely think they are marked competitively well which is awesome!

jeeeep

Hooked
That was a good review.

I really like the two-way adjustable damping system, something I wish I could easily do with the coil overs, but I'd be repainting them lol

Gold-Finish-Grills-Set-Eight-8-Top-Teeth-Six-6-Bottom-Tooth-Plain-Hip-Hop-Grills.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice review I’m fighting the temptation to mess with my 392 and your not helping 🤣
Resistance is futile :ROFLMAO:
I watched the install. Idea and was waiting to see how they performed. Glad they meet your expectations and look forward to see how they are long term.

Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, I have to say I am a bit surprised at how much I really like them. Hope to share more as time goes on.
Woohoo! Been waiting for this one! Awesome video! That ride quality is cool and all but what's most important... They're gold 😮
:ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom