VIDEO : Off-Road Basics in a Bone Stock 2-Door Jeep & Rock Crawling It

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
People new to Jeeps and or to off roading in general have been asking Cindy and I to make a video highlighting the some of the basics, tips and tricks that every newbie should know and for quite some time now. And, I have to say that we've been reluctant to do so if only because we know that we're not professionals or experts in anything and understand full well that the way we choose to do things isn't necessarily the right way, the best way or the only way. With that said, we finally got a chance to take Pippi, our bone stock, Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door Sport and with a stick, out on a trail known as Last Chance Canyon and to test her out on some rocks. And, while we were there, we decided to use the opportunity to film some of the things that we've learned over the years and share them with you. Things like, airing down your tires, disconnecting your front sway bar links, shifting into low range and picking a good line. Of course, the only thing we would ever hope for, is that the information you see might be of help to you someday. Oh, and as an added bonus, you'll also get to see how JET testing out his new 38" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. We hope you enjoy.

RECOMMENDED BUYS
EVO Air Down Tool: https://bit.ly/3yJ5kx6
CB BAR: https://bit.ly/2K7kIv6
JL Air Compressor Mount: https://bit.ly/2SKOREe

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. That V Notch looked intense.
Thank you. The V Notch can be a tricky one to traverse. Big flex helps out a lot but you really need sticky tires too. I've seen a lot of rigs slide off the face and drop in hard there.

wjtstudios

Hooked
A couple scratches and a busted knuckle, looks like a perfect day on the trail! And not bad at all for a bone stick JL, it really did great. I’m sure the “non professional” drivers had nothing to do with that though.

it is great seeing Jet back in the trail, the flex in that notch was awesome!

jeeeep

Hooked
woohoo! that was fun to watch and takes me back to stock days when everything felt like a challenge without looking for the challenge.

38's look good on JET,

I'm going to kick off the expert comments by saying you didn't actually drive that trail, I think you towed Pippi a lot and just did not show it.

Also, you didn't show how many times you had to reseat the tire bead because every expert says no way you can air down that much on stock wheels.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Last Chance was a lot of fun for me the first time... when I was stock.. and bypassed the V-Notch. I had watched your older videos before hand so I knew what to expect... Then when I went back with the lift & 35’s it was awesome to make it through the Notch unscathed. Fun trail, and a cool area... I’m sure this video will help out the Newbies with some of the basics. Cool Video. 👍🏽

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A couple scratches and a busted knuckle, looks like a perfect day on the trail! And not bad at all for a bone stick JL, it really did great. I’m sure the “non professional” drivers had nothing to do with that though.

it is great seeing Jet back in the trail, the flex in that notch was awesome!
LOL - oh come on, you know that the Jeeps practically drive themselves 😁

Regarding the notch, it is super helpful to have big flex like that. Without it, it's a much more technical obstacle. Glad you enjoyed seeing it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
woohoo! that was fun to watch and takes me back to stock days when everything felt like a challenge without looking for the challenge.

38's look good on JET,

I'm going to kick off the expert comments by saying you didn't actually drive that trail, I think you towed Pippi a lot and just did not show it.

Also, you didn't show how many times you had to reseat the tire bead because every expert says no way you can air down that much on stock wheels.
:ROFLMAO: That is just awesome!!!

And yes, it really is so much fun to be challenged without looking for it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Last Chance was a lot of fun for me the first time... when I was stock.. and bypassed the V-Notch. I had watched your older videos before hand so I knew what to expect... Then when I went back with the lift & 35’s it was awesome to make it through the Notch unscathed. Fun trail, and a cool area... I’m sure this video will help out the Newbies with some of the basics. Cool Video. 👍🏽
Awesome! So glad you enjoyed the video :)

Top Bottom