VIDEO : NuShooz for MOBY - A First Look at the All New 40" Cooper STT Pro Tires

JEEPnGEO

Looking good! Question...do larger tires like those require balancing?

Awesome tires. Seems like they grip really well. Did you weigh the tire and rim before mounting it? You got some muscles getting them things on....

Ever looked into shaving them? I got my 35s shaved and high speed balanced (100mph) and now my jeep rides almost like a Cadillac. You Tube Tire Shaving.

SPOOOBY

Mall crawler

Good looking tires and great video,i want to play at the mall with you and cindy one day

rubicrawl

Those look great Eddie congrats brother what are they roughly priced at similar to the nittos? Might have to get me these next and try them out

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, we're so glad you liked the video :cool:

Looking good! Question...do larger tires like those require balancing?

Oh yeah, most every tire regardless of size could use some balancing. After taking a test drive on the highway, these tires felt clean up to about 70 MPH. After that, the front still seemed good but we were getting a slight shimmy in the rear. Most likely, one or both tires are a bit out of balance there. At about 80 MPH, it smooths out again but we'll most likely get these balanced.

My 4 year old and I watched the video and he said I need to get him your jeep for Christmas. Once again a top notch video. I love them coopers.

LOL!! That's awesome :D

Ok, now that was really cool....they looked really heavy

As heavy as these tires are, they are actually 15 lbs. lighter than the Toyos we were running before and they're about 60 lbs. lighter than the 40x15.50's we used to run back in the day. :shock: :crazyeyes:

I forgot how big 40s actually are! Those things are huge. And looks like they preform good around town and in the mall parking lot.

LOL - These are really tall 40's, about an inch taller than the Toyos we were running. :crazyeyes:

Awesome tires. Seems like they grip really well. Did you weigh the tire and rim before mounting it?

Yup, the tires weighed in at 91.5 lbs. With the wheels installed, they weigh 130 lbs.

Man, those turned out amazing mounted and the grip on them looks incredible. 40's some day...prorock 60's first I guess :crazyeyes:

Oh yeah, I would highly recommend a ProRock 60 before running these. That is, if you use your Jeep for what it's made for :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thats really cool to see the process by video. Great looking tires on a great looking jeep. Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks! We weren't sure if anyone would care for it but we're glad you liked it. :yup:

damn those look massive, didn't need my glasses to see them!

:cheesy: Yes, there really is no missing these things :crazyeyes:

Those look great Eddie congrats brother what are they roughly priced at similar to the nittos? Might have to get me these next and try them out

Surprisingly, Cooper STT Pros are considerably cheaper than Nittos. You can pretty much get a set of 5 Cooper for the price of 4 Nittos. We initially looked into these because we couldn't get our hands on a set of Nittos but truth be told, we really like these more. On the rocks, we have found them to hook up way better.

rubicrawl

Thanks! We weren't sure if anyone would care for it but we're glad you liked it. :yup:

:cheesy: Yes, there really is no missing these things :crazyeyes:

Surprisingly, Cooper STT Pros are considerably cheaper than Nittos. You can pretty much get a set of 5 Cooper for the price of 4 Nittos. We initially looked into these because we couldn't get our hands on a set of Nittos but truth be told, we really like these more. On the rocks, we have found them to hook up way better.

Wow really? About $100 cheaper each very nice I like that price and those lugs on those tires are big and the spacing in between I like very impressive

Top Bottom