VIDEO : NOISE GRAPPLERS - Hear the Soothing Sound of Nitto Mud Grapplers

JRob25

:cheesy: Didn't click on the link and won't now that you got that the Wrangler MT/R's are one of the "best rated" from it. I have bought and tested MT/R's and oh so wanted to love them as they look cool but in the end, found them to be THE WORST tire I have run. They were near impossible to balance, had funny road manners due to their directional like tread and had without question, one of the weakest sidewalls of any MT I have run. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Wow, I have been looking at them for quite some time, looking at 35's...a friend of mine swears by them and I haven't pulled the trigger because they are much more expensive than some of the other tires!! How about the Kumho Road Venture mt's....been looking at them too?

KrawlerJK

For those of you who are interested in getting a set of Nitto Mud Grapplers for your Jeep but wanted to know what they sound like on the highway, this short video clip will give you a better idea of just how loud they really are. So you know, we've made the clip long as I think you really need to hear the beehive buzzing in your head for a period of time to really appreciate the experience. I hope you enjoy.

Still want a set? :cool:

Just crank the stereo! Problem solved!:rock:

MGrubbs

Nitto Tire Road Test

Thanks for posting, Eddie! I've been running 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers for a few years and find they are a great compromise of on / off-road usability!

b/r
Michael

Lil Nasty

Mmmm boggers. Ran a set of those for a while. They sound awesome. Lol.

Interco is in the next town over from me. I want to love their products but the quality is horrible. I've watched them pull 5 different Iroc's from the warehouse just looking for one tire to balance for a customer.

RockyJk

Badass...when it's time to replace my Toyo's (after I finally put em on) I'm wanting to go with these love how loud they are

Lil Nasty

Wow, I have been looking at them for quite some time, looking at 35's...a friend of mine swears by them and I haven't pulled the trigger because they are much more expensive than some of the other tires!! How about the Kumho Road Venture mt's....been looking at them too?

My friend is running a set of these on his farm truck. I was less than impressed with the tread depth when he bought them new. They've lasted a good while since that time though. I'm not sure on the mileage he has on them. He says they are about average on performance.

geberhard

Douchebag
Darn those are loud! I was debating on a more streetable set and between Maxxis, Nitto's and MTR's. Have any video of street sound\i.e. a drive by from the street as opposed to inside the Jeep?

671JKU

671Rubicon

Nitto Mud grapplers are not the best for on road driving anyway. They do not last at all & id recommend the Baja MTZ or Toyo Open Country's.

Sessoms14X

For those of you who are interested in getting a set of Nitto Mud Grapplers for your Jeep but wanted to know what they sound like on the highway, this short video clip will give you a better idea of just how loud they really are. So you know, we've made the clip long as I think you really need to hear the beehive buzzing in your head for a period of time to really appreciate the experience. I hope you enjoy.

Still want a set? :cool:

Wow lol thank you very much Eddie for the experience as to what it's like inside the jeep with mud grapplers. I'm guessing you were driving around 65- 70mph? They sure do got a good humming sound with them. I wanted to get them when I made the jump to 37s but I may stick with the trail grapplers now. :thumbup:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
What is really weird for me is to see Highway 395 in Carson City in one of your videos. I have travelled the Highway quite a bit.

Thank you for sharing!

Ddays

Hooked
Darn those are loud! I was debating on a more streetable set and between Maxxis, Nitto's and MTR's. Have any video of street sound\i.e. a drive by from the street as opposed to inside the Jeep?

FYI - My MTR's aren't as loud as those mud graps, but they are definitely loud. I'm down almost to half tread left and they continue to get louder.

When it comes down to it, I don't think any of the 'off-road' tires are gonna be what anyone would consider quiet!

ROLOJK

Definitely I want them again. I am running 37s" and cant wait to put 40s"

Last edited:

mdrums

No lie, no tire we've run causes people to turn their heads and stare the way these 40x15.50 Mud Grapplers do. Hell, they don't even need to see us first :crazyeyes: :D

Thanks for the video...so these are 40" in your video? I take it that 40" would be a lot louder or just a little bit louder than 35"?

I have 35" BFG Mud's...they hum but seems like a lower pitch and actually not all that bad.

thanks! Mike

jeep4dice

Mud grapplers vs open country offroad

Eddie I know you have run both the open country m/t and the mud grapplers which tire performs better offroad for traction and durability as far as side wall cuts?

Top Bottom