VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - STOCK on the ROCKS

RockingK

đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Another incredible chapter in the Jet Li’s baby book, love it! I have mentioned before the raw video element and that it brings life to an unscripted adventure...well done guys and thank you for putting this out there, it’s great entertainment and education all wrapped neatly in a package us Wayalifers appreciate:rock:

JAGS

Hooked
That's such a fun trail. [emoji106] You weren't kidding about the fan. I'm guessing over the weekend Tony's was doing the same thing?

aggrex

Nice video showing the capability of your stock JL Rubi. A bit cringe-worthy when scraping or sliding off the rocks but they are trail badge worthy. Even the opening scene had the license plate flexing but that was easily fixed. FCA should be reachng out to you as your videos are demonstrating the awesome capability of the JL.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great Journal! A little “Goofy”, but still great. [emoji1360]

:cheesy: Nice to have a foreigner here on the forum :thumb:

Another incredible chapter in the Jet Li’s baby book, love it! I have mentioned before the raw video element and that it brings life to an unscripted adventure...well done guys and thank you for putting this out there, it’s great entertainment and education all wrapped neatly in a package us Wayalifers appreciate:rock:

We knew it would be a risk to put out videos like this and we're glad to hear that people like you are okay with it :)

That's such a fun trail. [emoji106] You weren't kidding about the fan. I'm guessing over the weekend Tony's was doing the same thing?

Nope, Tony's JL was silent the whole time. Only happens with rock crawling it would seem. Shifting out of drive and picking gears manually helps.

Nice video showing the capability of your stock JL Rubi. A bit cringe-worthy when scraping or sliding off the rocks but they are trail badge worthy. Even the opening scene had the license plate flexing but that was easily fixed. FCA should be reachng out to you as your videos are demonstrating the awesome capability of the JL.

LOL! You're too kind. But, if you know anyone over at FCA, we appreciate the plug :D

Really enjoying the raw production. I have always loved the videos, and these have a new feel to them, very organic and they make us feel like we’re the ones behind the camera. Thanks for bringing us along and for keeping our addiction fed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy how capable the JL is stock!!! I can only imagine what a 2.5-3 inch lift and 37s would do for the capability

Well, the lift and 37's are coming very soon. Guess we'll be finding out soon :cool:

Really enjoying the raw production. I have always loved the videos, and these have a new feel to them, very organic and they make us feel like we’re the ones behind the camera. Thanks for bringing us along and for keeping our addiction fed.

Thank you. This is the first time we've done anything like this and it's been really really hard. The rawness of them leaves us wide open to scrutiny and we're glad that you enjoy them.

That fan sounds angry! If it keeps it cool, that’s great, though. It looked like you had a lot of fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Always a good time when we're out on the trail :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
I wonder how the plastic rear bumper will hold up? That license plate scene was kind of funny.

I didn't order steel. Figured I'd be upgrading the front and removing the rear before too long.

Maybe I can can find a way to stubby the plastic one??

OSV

the sound of fresh new metal screeching on hard rock was like fingernails on a chalkboard :shock:

i'll be following the buildup on this one, thx

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how the plastic rear bumper will hold up? That license plate scene was kind of funny.

I didn't order steel. Figured I'd be upgrading the front and removing the rear before too long.

Maybe I can can find a way to stubby the plastic one??

LOL!! Cindy and I were talking about this and yeah, if we had plastic bumpers, they probably would be looking like shit :crazyeyes:

the sound of fresh new metal screeching on hard rock was like fingernails on a chalkboard :shock:

i'll be following the buildup on this one, thx

LOL!! It's been a while since we've wheeled a stock Jeep and yes, it was tough to listen to :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!! Cindy and I were talking about this and yeah, if we had plastic bumpers, they probably would be looking like shit :crazyeyes:

Well, guess I'll need to "upgrade" all that much more sooner. Bummer. [emoji6] lol.

I don't even have mine yet, and I'm already trying to figure out how to go 37s.

From everything I've read and seen, it seems the perfect set up. Maybe a couple concerns here or there.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Point and shoot on 37's and a few doodads.....watch those temps though (strange but not surprising)

Start Stop: we have the s/s feature on the JK (U) 2.8 diesels since they were released, yes the option defaults to off in 4L (in fact often defaults to off and just stays that way until next flash in dealership:doh:....but its better for the starter and flywheel)

Paws

Nice video guys! It does show a little on what it can do bone stock. Very capable bone stock for sure.

When you go 37s, do the pinch seams in the rear need to be cut or did they fix that? Along with that will the Rubicon slider need cut too? For the new JL axels, I’m curious if they will support 37s with the abuse you put them through?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, guess I'll need to "upgrade" all that much more sooner. Bummer. [emoji6] lol.

I don't even have mine yet, and I'm already trying to figure out how to go 37s.

From everything I've read and seen, it seems the perfect set up. Maybe a couple concerns here or there.

37's is what we're shooting for. It was the perfect setup on a JK and I think it'll be even more so on a JL. :yup:

Great video! That’s a fun trail to run been there many times.

Glad you liked it :)

Sawzall :)

FCA need to show the video to their dealers so they truly understand the JL Rubicon's capability. Keep the videos coming

Thank you and you can be sure we'll keep the videos coming :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Point and shoot on 37's and a few doodads.....watch those temps though (strange but not surprising)

Start Stop: we have the s/s feature on the JK (U) 2.8 diesels since they were released, yes the option defaults to off in 4L (in fact often defaults to off and just stays that way until next flash in dealership:doh:....but its better for the starter and flywheel)

Really? I had no idea that the 2.8L diesels came with start stop.

Nice video guys! It does show a little on what it can do bone stock. Very capable bone stock for sure.

What you go 37s, Do the pinch seams in the rear need to be cut or did they fix that? Along with that will the Rubicon slider need cut too? For the new JL axels, I’m curious if they will support 37s with the abuse you put them through?

Cheers!

The fender openings on the JL Rubicons are bigger than what the Sport and Sahara have and are considerably bigger than what the JK had. The pinch seam has been addressed and the rocker guard terminates at the same point. As far as the axles go, we'll put them to the test and let you know. :yup:

Really enjoying the journal and wondering where your plan will take Jet Li. There is a plan, right?

Oh yeah, there is a plan. We've already got parts coming - stay tuned :yup:

Andy5160

Hooked
Great video guys keep them coming and my straggle is getting real
Doug did good on his 40’s [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom