VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Stepping into Bigger Shoes / KMC XD231 Beadlock Install

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, I feel like I’m getting to be part of this. Just mounted up the 38’s, my first bead lock and you made it look easy😳. The first was the hardest but I wish I had seen this video first:thumb:

LOL!! Trust me, you'll be doing it again someday and it'll be easier the next time around. :cool:

Man, I can't wait to see that Jeep Crawl through the Rocks.... :driving:

Hope to get some videos of this up sooner than later :yup:

Jeep really got a lot of things right on the JL. Heck, if you just drove on pavement, you could probably get by without a lift, and it looks like 35’s would fit very easily.

Yes, they really did :yup:

Great video as always. Eddie when you get a chance can you what weight is on the JL

Sorry, not sure what it is that you're wanting me to weigh.

Awesome look with those wheels and 37’s can’t wait to see it after you lift it.

Pics coming today :cool:

Looks terrific....great looking wheels.
Personally, I'd be tempted to use anti-sieze on the ring bolts.......is there some issue with doing that? I've not used bead locks before.

It's just how I've always done it. Torque specs are different dry or wet.

Morning,
Great detailed video on assembling your beadlocks, wish I had a shop like yours.
so my question is what is the main advantage for using beadlock rims? is it because they hold up better when you air the tires down?

On my 2012 Ruby I have a 2.5" AEV lift and run 35" Terra Grappler G2 with 18" XD rims. Living on the east coast i dont have "rocks" to climb over and very seldom air down my tires.
I have noticed that I have allot of space from my lift and could possibly fit a 37" tire and may swap out my rims too. Just not sure if i would benefit from using beadlocks.

Keep those Vids coming, enjoy watching them. Maybe I'll venture out west and see what REAL Jeeping is like.
Cheers....
Mike

For someone like you, there is no advantage. I would just run regular wheels. If you air down really low and play on hard terrain, that's where beadlocks are nice to have.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, you are having way too much fun with JetLi!! LOL Is it safe to say that this is slowly becoming your favorite? Just curious!!

Big Mike

LOL!! It's just the newest toy so it's the most fun to play with right now. :D

As always great job guys and definitely very educational video.:thumb:

Thanks, glad to hear it :)

Thank for sharing! Another helpful video! :thumb:

Awesome, so glad to hear it was helpful to you :)

Looking good!...

Thank you :)

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Nice video! You made it look easy, It seems to always kick may ass by the time im done. They really do look awesome, I love those wheels.

longarmwj

Thanks for taking the time to make such educational videos. The amount of info I've learned since I've been here is astounding. :thumb:

Dale72

Hooked
LOL!! Trust me, you'll be doing it again someday and it'll be easier the next time around. :cool:

Hope to get some videos of this up sooner than later :yup:

Yes, they really did :yup:

Sorry, not sure what it is that you're wanting me to weigh.

Pics coming today :cool:

It's just how I've always done it. Torque specs are different dry or wet.

For someone like you, there is no advantage. I would just run regular wheels. If you air down really low and play on hard terrain, that's where beadlocks are nice to have.
The sticker on the inside of the driver's door has a weight of the Jeep from the factory

Sent from my 9024W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom